• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everybody read this ; last informal warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
4 minutes?

Perhaps you should have warmed up and stretched first, just imagine how bad it would be if you pull a knuckle tendon or hyperextend an index finger at the keyboard - you could be out for days, maybe weeks even! :eh?:

I mean, just look at cats, the first thing they do before springing into action is take a good stretch... You should follow their lead. ;)

That sure didn't take long. Stretching definitely helps. Feels good too. :)

The ball is picking up speed fast now......gravity taking over.

IMOG said:

I mean, just look at cats, the first thing they do before springing into action is take a good stretch...
Who do you think taught them? :D

This definately should be above that "nvidia is cheating again" crap. BUMP!

God, you really should just sticky this. i cant speak for the bulk of the forums, but the stickies DO stand out. you will need to change it to something a little more.. muscular though "Read this or you DIE!"

you know.. really put that fear of the gods of leetness in em ^^;;
*bump*

LOL, I might have to consider that. I'll let it bump around for awhile longer and then maybe decide from there.

Thank you to all you have signed on and voiced support. -- Paul

One of the problems I see with stickying anything is that even if you make the title all caps, it doesn't stand out much from the other stickies, and since there are already quite a few, I think that another would be noticed even less.

Eh, that's just my thoughts on it, though.

what happened over in cooling that forced the stickies into a seperate forum?
Im sure you could find a way to put this at the very top of the list too, kind of like the rules. of course. i guess we wouldnt be here if people were actully reading that thread ^^;;

Actually, the rules are in an announcement. The Cooling stickies are in an entirely different forum of their own, because there were sooooooo many.

JoT said:
Actually, the rules are in an announcement. The Cooling stickies are in an entirely different forum of their own, because there were sooooooo many.

something that could be done in the Games section (hint hint...)

ooo.... lookie a bumpity

So did you here about the ATI Execs infedelity? (interest peaker)

The basis of the anti-sticky thing is the assumption that most people looking through the forum are either looking for a thread to answer questions in so they overlook the stickies, or they are conditioned to being used to seeing the stickies, and automatically, (almost subconciously) look to the first thread below them.

I know coming here a few times every day, I don't check out the stickies every time I enter the forum... I couldn't tell you the name of any more than maybe even 2 stickies on the entire forum, and there are probably close to 30 current ones.

Bumping also has the advantage of being a tangible display of member constitution - it shows that the thread holds current importance to our forum values, and members are actively engaged in confronting the issue.

NTM, bumping is more fun, just watch...

Bump

Weeeee! :bday: :beer: wave.gif hug.gif

BUMP!

Perhaps renaming the title to something like x600XT owned by fx5200! Come see benchies!

That would bring some people in :D I love threads like this where all you do is bump. It gives me an excuse to ramble on and on and on and on and on and on and on like I am doing now.....

@md0Cer said:
BUMP!

Perhaps renaming the title to something like x600XT owned by fx5200! Come see benchies!

That would bring some people in :D I love threads like this where all you do is bump. It gives me an excuse to ramble on and on and on and on and on and on and on like I am doing now.....
Which is completely against the point. The point is to let people know the rules will be strictly enforced. Spamming, which is against the rules, contradicts this. The only reason it's being bumped is to let all those who don't read the stickies regularly see it.

Valk said:
what happened over in cooling that forced the stickies into a seperate forum?
They threatened to dislodge new posts to the second page, so a seperate cooling sticky section was made. I recently went back over the stickies in H2O, I've found most of them are still worthy of being stuck. If anyone has something they want to add to those (or thinks that some are no longer relavent) you all know where my PM box is.

[/detour]

IMOG said:
I couldn't tell you the name of any more than maybe even 2 stickies on the entire forum, and there are probably close to 30 current ones.

There are ~184 stickies, which does NOT include GD or the Classifieds section, and very few of them, I would wager, read frequently.

(Yes I just counted)

im not sure what bump means, but i say bump

This forum is AMAZING, and only recently has it been tarnished because of this section. I think its about time everyone remembers what this is here for, and that is to help others and get help for yourself!

Back