• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA RMA shipping question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I've got a 1080 Ti Founders Edition card that is going back to EVGA.

I've got the original packaging, including the clamshell. It all fits in a priority mail medium flat shipping box.

Safe to ship that way? There is about an in on the long edge that I was going to fill with packing paper so it doesn't move.

Also, insure for full retail in case it does get damage?

Thanks!

Sounds like you have it covered as far as damage is concerned.
I usually do it a bit differently. In most cases you do not get the original packaging back, I have only dealt with EVGA once and can't recall if they did or not. Since this is the case most of the time I only use the anti-static bag and pack the card in a separate box. Using newspaper and foam or bubble wrap I ensure it's padded on all sides and can't shift around in the box. I've never had any issues with damage and you maintain the original packaging when you decide to re-sell the card.

^^^ This.
Send card in AS bag only.
You will get a white box card in return.
EVGA has awesome CS. :thup:

I've got a 1080 Ti Founders Edition card that is going back to EVGA.

I've got the original packaging, including the clamshell. It all fits in a priority mail medium flat shipping box.

Safe to ship that way? There is about an in on the long edge that I was going to fill with packing paper so it doesn't move.

Also, insure for full retail in case it does get damage?

Thanks!

You can't trust the USPS. I shipped a 980 Ti that way a few years back after selling for it $500 on ebay. I wanted to ship it in the retail box, but the size of the box made that expensive so the buyer insisted I ship it USPS flat rate. Packed in bubble wrap and air bags, insured it for the full value and dropped it off. Somewhere along the way, a large heavy box fell onto the package, putting a big dent in it. When the guy opened it, the heatsink plastic shroud was cracked and one of the heatsink mounting screws snapped off. It couldn't be remounted so he filed a claim but it was denied after several weeks by local PO workers. Yes local yokel PO workers get to decide the case. So my advice, is ship it Fed Ex.

You can't trust the USPS. I shipped a 980 Ti that way a few years back after selling for it $500 on ebay. I wanted to ship it in the retail box, but the size of the box made that expensive so the buyer insisted I ship it USPS flat rate. Packed in bubble wrap and air bags, insured it for the full value and dropped it off. Somewhere along the way, a large heavy box fell onto the package, putting a big dent in it. When the guy opened it, the heatsink plastic shroud was cracked and one of the heatsink mounting screws snapped off. It couldn't be remounted so he filed a claim but it was denied after several weeks by local PO workers. Yes local yokel PO workers get to decide the case. So my advice, is ship it Fed Ex.

I went ahead and used UPS instead. Wrapped in anti-static bag, several layers of bubble wrap taped around it, and loose bubble wrap enough to fill up the box with at least 2" all around between the card and the edge of the box.

And $900 in insurance.

Back