• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Experts need help!! Water temp = 30.6 C?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HiProfile said:
Lemme get this straight, dpapag, you have a 120mm@69cfm pulling air out the front and 2 80mm@31cfm each pulling air out the back (PLUS the PSU's fan pulling air out)...I'm guessing you like negative pressure?

Maybe you should try flipping the 80mm exaust fans around until you make the heatercore use external air instead of internal air. If you do have the fans setup like I think, that 120mm is flowing well below the cfm its rated for.

That is correct, but your forgetting about the fan on the side (not pictured) of the case thats blowing air from the outside into the case. Let me make some changes and see what happens.

by looking at that picture, it appears you have a huge kink at the inlet of the pump, It looks like the tubing is FLAT. thats one thing that must be killing it.. am I right?

otherwize I really dont know what the deal is?

also, its very unlikely you have 69cfm going thru there, Its probably much lower.

I don't understand... 30C leaving the block can mean one of two things (when MBM says the cpu is 45C);
either the sensor is off or the block's not making good contact.

Don't worry about waterflow or air flow, neither of those would affect the water leaving the waterblock.

Not enough air would mean the water would heat up... that's not happening.

Not enough water flow would mean the water leaving the block would be very close to the CPU temp, that's not happening (if the water completely stopped, the temp wouldn't be steady under full load, it would keep rising).

One of two things
bad contact of the waterblock to CPU core
or
sensor is off

nothing else would produce what the first post says.

gAWD,

Get over it.....
30C for the inside of a case isn't bad if your using onboard probes and live in a room thats kept at a comfortable temperature.

Now if you want better cpu temps.........shorten the tubing.....get all the air out of the radd and then if that fails look at the botttom of your block for concavities and if you find any lap them out. Last but not least check if the block has enough pressure on the core.

Why is your fan blowing into the core.....it does nothing for temps, but add extra noise.

And heres a simple way of checking how effiicient the heat transfer is from the die to the block. Get some external probes and attach them to the block and to the core. The difference in temp should be at most 2-3C.

The goal for watercooled temps is to be as close to ambient as possible...if your ambient is 30C like urs , then a reasonable core temp will be around 38-40C.

Thanks for all the help guys. Just a few things to add

The temperature of the water is measured at 30 C as its leaving the heatercore traveling to the wb, not leaving the wb.

Although the picture looks like there is a kink at the inlet, there is not. It is round and has excellent flow.

The fan is not blowing into the heatercore, its sucking air from it and blowing it out. This is going to be swiched around shortly so that the heater core is touching the case, not the fan.

I'm going to get some external probes and see what the deal is.
Thanks for helping me narrow down the possiblities of whats causing the high temps.

The temp is what's leaving the heater core? What's the temp of the water leaving the waterblock?

I had a dilemma when setting up my radiator between having air pulled in from outside (putting hot air into the case affecting memory, video card, etc.) or out from inside (drawing hot case air over the radiator, defeating some of its effectiveness).

Therefore, I installed a second case fan in front of the radiator at a 90 degree angle (wish I could put a picture up), so that the air being drawn into the case from outside would immediately be exhausted outside again. Worked nicely.

Back