• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Using the slightly older version of the client I ran SMP10.
Testing SMP10 Vs SMP12 (GPU Not running folding) ---> SMP10 gets More PPD

(On the older client it was Highly advised to used Even numbers for SMP CPU threads)

Running on this latest Client I leave it to -1 default which chooses SMP11
Testing SMP11 Vs SMP12 (no GPU folding again) ---> SMP11 also beats SMP12

These new Beta 7662 GPU WU's only use about 0.70% CPU usage on our CPU's, the older GPU folding units used about 7.6%

So just run with -1 autoselecting SMP11 :)

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I looked through the log and it was still loading as Core16, so I let it finish it's WU (only like an hour or so) before I removed/added the gpu slot. Now it works, loaded Core17 and is working on project 7662. :D

Thanks for the help! :thup:

Excellent, glad to see you running how you want.

Should be getting about 30K on CPU and 37K on GPU.
Its a good setup, I like it ;)

I'm curious what temps your CPU produces while folding? (with approx room temp)

Mine is 70c in a room about 17c
and 80c in a room about 23c
(taking rough guesses on room temps)

My ambient temperature is approximately 24°C.
My CPU is currently running in the mid-to-high 60s (static fan speed) and my GPU is in the low 60s (custom fan profile).
Client control is reporting ~69k PPD (44k from GPU and 25k from CPU)

Very nice.

My CPU is an early 32nm test sample made in 2008 and have been thinking it runs hotter than newer chips do, especially considering I am using a great air cooler!
Thanks for the info too.

Apart from being a little warm at this speed I am very happy with it :D

Turned my CPU heatsink fans (Corsair AP120 Perf. Ed.) up to 100% (up from ~50%) and it dropped the load temps down to low-to-mid 60s. Will probably keep it this way while folding and not in the same room. :p

hi guys. i just came back from folding. my pc was so useless the past few days because my isp got issues with their fiber optics server. and now its ok im starting to fold again.

my i5 2500k @4.5ghz =
base credit:202
Estimated credit:1320
estimated PPD:10465

gpu @ stock 900/1250 =
base credit:1600
Estimated credit:1600

is everything ok ?

well i loaded trixx and set gpu to 1100/1500 and f@h is now on

base credit : 1600
estimated credit : 7036
estimated ppd : 33221

why is my gpu having more ppd than my cpu ? whats wrong with him ?

Last edited:
Everything seems fine to me. Let the i5 run for some time the PPD should increase to around 15000PPD when you let the PC fold for some time without using it.
It is perfectly normal that your GPU generates more PPD.
My 2500 @ stock generates about 7-10k PDD
My 580 generates about 25-30k PPD.

Could you explain what you mean with trixx? Usually my GPU's base credit = est. credit How did you get it to increase?

trixx = sapphire trixx the oc software i use for gpu. as my gpu crashes on other oc tools.

Please keep me posted (here or PM) if you really received ~7k PPD for a 1600 Base Credit WU on your GPU. As I posted from my experience with GPUs I only receive the base credit as GPUs are not eligble for bonus points. My 580 is OCed too, though.

base credit :1600
estimated credt :6963
estunated ood : 37959

thats what my gpu do on 1150/1250 oc

Would be glad if you could verify the estimate checking your logs / stats site after completing that WU. Would be greatly appreciated :thup:

my cpu is still stuck on the above points though. . .i wonder why the gpu folds better than the cpu.

I can't explain to you why it is this way, you might have to browse the folding section to get some answers to that. But I can assure that this is perfectly normal. GPUs are more powerful in folding than CPUs, great downside is their relativly high power consumption, which is why most people go for multiple CPU setups over multiple GPU solutions.

edit: I cant upload pictures here at work so use that links:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx6XawN_Nv5ZZWl5ejlTdFZDYVk/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx6XawN_Nv5ZRy1ueXlIQ0UzZUU/edit?usp=sharing
Compared to that your stats look pretty good :)

Last edited:
im thinking about 1k watt modular psu and adding 1 more 7950. later when needed go for higher mobo and do 4 7950. weew

hey i need your help with my dell laptop. im trying to fold with it the status says Running on both gpu and cpu but after few minutes nothing happened and most of the stats says unknown.

What hardware does the laptop have and what WUs are you folding? If they have a high base credit they most likely take a lot of time to complete.
With TPFs of over 20 minutes (could be likely on a laptop and big WUs) it can take up to 20 Minutes to make progress and based on that the Client will estimate the numbers which are @ unknown currently.
Do you fold at full or medium on that laptop? I'd rather recommend medium and do not expect too much PPD from it, since heat is an issue when folding on laptops on 100%.

lol its running at 100% right now ahahahaha.
just testing it though. ill shut it down anyways. im not after the points more like contributing. if ever i get addicted to folding id consider spending more money on my rig or getting a new rig.

The new Core_17 Beta GPU folding work units now incorporate a Quick Return Bonus like CPU WUs have.

Hence the 7950 getting about 37K PPD.
Its about what mine averages out to when I am not using my PC

Oh, and Welcome backc00l3st!
Hope your net is sorted now :)

Back