• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fallout 3 Multiplayer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

Is fallout multiplayer? on the back of my case it says pc to pc multiplayer is available at no charge but on the offical site it states that multiplayer is not available it is single-player only. i have also seen on the internet multiplayer mods.

any ideas?

Everywhere says it hasn't got multiplayer, but thats weird if it hasn't because it has Games for Windows Live..

Games for windows live just allows you to track you achievements and communicate with other people on GfWL/xbox360.

I do not believe there is an actual multiplayer component. I have not played it in a while though and my copy was bought through steam so I don't have a box.

Thankfully no. F3 would be terrible with multiplayer... It's not an FPS... it's an RPG with an FPS interface...

Also how would vats work? Everyone waits for you to kill someone? =P

No, I haven't seen that it's multiplayer.

If they made it that way (patch?) it would be interesting to try. Maybe New Vegas will have that?

I think VATS could work just fine but it would be like the old turn based games. A lot of waiting for the other side/person to take their action. Not something gamers of today are used to with all the real time acitons in FPS. I'd like to see it though because it removes reaction time and emphasises strategy and thinking. Like chess! :gasp:.

Kind of off-topic but I remember there was a multiplayer mod for Morrowind. I'm sure it didn't get very far, but I tried it out of curiosity and it amazingly worked.

Thanks for the replys, it just had me mazzed as to why it stats on the back pc to pc multiplayer play is available but it stats on the offical site that it does not support multiplayer, anyone that has got the case please correct me if i am wrong, its in the small print under the system requirements :salute:

F3 doesn't have "real" multiplayer mode, just that windows live crap. Some sort of co-op would be tons of fun though :p

Some sort of co-op would be tons of fun though :p

+1 for that it would be great.

F3 doesn't have "real" multiplayer mode, just that windows live crap.

It stats Multiplayer play at no charge, to me that says a playable multiplayer

I just re-read the back of my Fallout 3 box. I think your confusion arose because of the generic Games For Windows block of text. That's where it sates:

"Games for Windows - LIVE System Requirements: PC to PC multiplayer play available at no charge; some features (e.g. cross-platform play and enhanced matchmaking) require paid membership in available games. ..."

But I think that is just a generic GWL description and not game specific. But in the context it is misleading. I guess I never read the back of the box before. ;)

Thanks for the replys, it just had me mazzed as to why it stats on the back pc to pc multiplayer play is available but it stats on the offical site that it does not support multiplayer, anyone that has got the case please correct me if i am wrong, its in the small print under the system requirements :salute:

Mazzed?!?!

Ah... North Wales... Gotcha.

I agree with others as well thinking that "CO-OP" would be fun as hell! While I am predominantly a SP gamer, there are a few games that could use a co-op game type and I think this would work well with Fallout 3. I DO agree that full fledged MP would suck though.

No multiplayer. I tried a multiplayer mod (beta) and it wrecked a few of my 140+ hour saves. Plus, how would all that work? i.e. if one player nuked Megaton, and another player was in their Megaton house when they joined the first player's game, the whole game would crash. Basically both players would have to made the exact same decisions throughout the game to make it work somewhat correctly.

Some sort of co-op would be tons of fun though :p

I agree, it would be pretty fun if they had some scenario matchmaking for it, where you're tasked with something that either benefits or negatively affects the wasteland. That or do a bounty hunter kind of thing, like where mercenaries come after you in single player.

Thankfully no. F3 would be terrible with multiplayer... It's not an FPS... it's an RPG with an FPS interface...

Also how would vats work? Everyone waits for you to kill someone? =P

Vats wouldn't really, they would have to make VATS real action or disable it.

Back