• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan on Heatsink, suck or blow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pfieffdog

Registered
Running the set up of an slk-800 with a smart fan II and was wondering if it would be better to mount the fan so it blew air onto the heatsink or sucked air off of the HS. Thanks,

-Pfieff

Welp, around New Years you'll see my mod in the extreme section.. which actually uses a combo of suck and blow in a special combination...

Should be worth a watch... each to their own, blow is by far the better... but combined they can make an awesome duo...

edit: an I agree with grumpy grunjee, searching would've given you a post with the EXACT same subject, and loads of answers.... try it out!

Cheers, Flixotide

this thread is starting to creep me out. all you people saying blow.... reminds me of mechanics class where our teacher used the suck, sqeeze, bang, blow analogy....*shudders*

definatly blow. but if you are interested in experimenting, Try to exaust duct the sk8. I was thikning of doing this with my sk7 but im too lazy to make headers. get a intake duct and two exaust headers and you will be teedering on the car engine computer.
might be nice to try though in all seriousness, it would allow your fan to blow its air effectively across the fins, but also rapidly dissipate it by blowing the hot air out of the case. try it.

Back