• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jezus53

I've been browsing the water cooling forum since this June I believe and I've been looking through all of the water cooling goodness you all have to offer. One thing I have a question about involves fans. I know the majority like the Gentle Typhoons and Yate Loons but I'm curious about the GTs. I noticed there is the older version GT AP-15's and then a bunch of newer models but every time I see people talk about these fans they just say GTs. So can anyone say if the AP-15s are in fact the ones everyone is still talking about or are they one of the newer models?

Note: I want these to be absolutely silent and they'll be used on the Swiftech MCR320-QP series radiator in a rad box I plan on making myself.

Thanks in advance!

Not absolutly silent. But very very quiet, and a pleasing noise. Good CFM and pressure.

I still think the 15's are best for a regular radiator setup. There are higher RPM ones, but thats for xtreme use.

I just bought myself 3 AP-15's, I must say, they are by FAR the best fans I have ever used. Nearly silent, very nice noise, as stated, no loud rattles or bearing noise that you get from some of the cheaper fans when they are mounted horizontally.
I also have an AP-29 (3000RPM, newer model as you talked about) but it is a little too loud for my taste. I havn't found a use for it yet.

well I guess as close to silent as I can get. Currently I have a hyper 212+ with the Nexus Real Silent 120mm fans and I can't hear them at all. But this loop is for the GPU so I'm hoping to not be any louder.

Anyways, if the AP-15's are still the ones to have, then I shall add them to my list. Thank you for the help!

Nexus Real Silent == rebranded Yate Loon if memory serves correctly. The different designations on GT's is just different speeds. AP-12 through AP-15 are what you'll see most, but it's all the same design with slightly different internals to adjust RPM

Back