• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fatility Zalaman?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's simply painted. Personally I think that Zalmans 7x00 and this aren't worth buying. Ther are better coolers for better price.

Ven0m said:
It's simply painted. Personally I think that Zalmans 7x00 and this aren't worth buying. Ther are better coolers for better price.

Hard to beat $25-30 for the copper version, or less for the aluminum-copper hybrid.

I like the red color of the Fatal1ty heatsink and ramsinks, but it's way overpriced.

way over priced, unless you want designer you can get the same thing at gap... i mean CNPS7700-Cu

Same reason the Fatality mobos and x-fi Fatality cost more, cause of the name attatched to it.

What I find really funny though, is that I had never even heard of the guy who used the tag "Fatal1ty" until I researched it after seeing so many expensive products with the name. Kind of defeats the purpose of promoting something if the person it's attatched to isn't even all that famous(I don't care how good he is, a "gamer" posterchild is not the kind of person that's going to rake in the cash for a product). Then again, maybe I just don't follow gaming intensely enough. :lol:

Anyway, if you want to spend that much on a Zalman, get the cnps-9500. Mine is coming in tomorrow. It looks nicer, has a better sound/performance ratio, and it doesn't have compatibility problems like the horizontal orientation designs zalman primarily uses.

Take the Fatal1ty V7 VGA cooler. Its fan is 33% faster, not just 'slightly'. That in itself makes it worth the extra money, it's pretty looking to with the red paint\LEDs.

Good VGA cooler - get Stasis
Good CPU cooler - get Ninja at half of Zalman fatality price

Fatality products line = overhyped.
Can you remember Abit Fatality mobo which was so "special" that you couldn't install huge coolers?

Well. it LOOKS pretty... but since most people don't even have a window on their case, bling ain't worth a thang. My Ninja isn't really super pretty, but it doesn't matter when it's sealed up in the case. It does it's job just fine, which matters more than looks.

ok i got on temps are 33*C idle for my p4(yes a p4) load never goes above 40*C. its not actully that noisey either.

Prodigious said:
Same reason the Fatality mobos and x-fi Fatality cost more, cause of the name attatched to it.

What I find really funny though, is that I had never even heard of the guy who used the tag "Fatal1ty" until I researched it after seeing so many expensive products with the name. Kind of defeats the purpose of promoting something if the person it's attatched to isn't even all that famous(I don't care how good he is, a "gamer" posterchild is not the kind of person that's going to rake in the cash for a product). Then again, maybe I just don't follow gaming intensely enough. :lol:

Anyway, if you want to spend that much on a Zalman, get the cnps-9500. Mine is coming in tomorrow. It looks nicer, has a better sound/performance ratio, and it doesn't have compatibility problems like the horizontal orientation designs zalman primarily uses.

actually he is very famous. he is the best FPS player in the world and his name is very famous among that community.

Never heard of Fatality (Finish Him!) either. The only player I've heard of is Thresh, and that's because he won the Ferrarri and started "Thresh's Firing Squad", but he's been off the radar ever since. Besides, I always preferred "Friendship", "Babeality" and "Animality" anyway.

It would be interesting to see what the anodized paint and higher rev fan do for the cooler. A side by side comparison with the regular copper zalman would be great. I don't think the Fatal1ty guy has anything to do with Mortal Kombat.

Back