• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG First Mod 600T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheezy

Hi this is my first mod ever that wasn't buy x part and just slap it in and call it a mod. The mods are pretty minor but have bigger plans for it soon.
Sorry about quality of pics taken on my HTC Evo 3D (5mp):(

Mods so far:
1.Painted white tubes
2.Painted crossfire bridge
3.Painted video card cover and added a black pinstripe
4.Added a NZXT 120mm white fan rear exhaust

OutSide
outside1x.jpg

InSide
inside1y.jpg

will be redoing the white tubes

I plan on
1.Painting the front fan white fins with black bracket and removing leds
2. Adding sound activated blue led strips for each audio channel and a always on UV light
3.Cutting the front mesh for better air flow (200mm)
4.Sleeving the sata, PCI-E,8 pin and 24 pin in a white high mesh
5. This is kinda out there for my current lack of skills but cutting most of the top mesh out building a bracket to hold the rad so I can set up a push system

Any thought or suggestions and tips are most wecome

System Specs
AMD FX 6300 @4.5 1.425
HIS AMD HD 7770 Crossfire
ASrock 990FX Extreme 3
G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 7-7-7-21 1.5v
XFX PRO 750 xxx
ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SATA III
WD Green 1Tb 5400
WD Blue 640Gb 7200
Corsair 600T Case

Last edited:
Nice case, will be watching your progress...
I just got a 600T as well and will be looking at doing some similar minor mods like removing some of the mesh for better air flow and a top mounted radiator with push/pull fans.
Nice white accents so far!

Nice case, will be watching your progress...
I just got a 600T as well and will be looking at doing some similar minor mods like removing some of the mesh for better air flow and a top mounted radiator with push/pull fans.
Nice white accents so far!
Thanks

I painted the fan and removed the LEDs but misfortune fell upon me :( I broke the wire sod connections and kinda lost the back lid? to the fan so I decided to just get a new fan since i didn't really like the performance of it anyways so I ordered a
BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm All White
Front
fanfrontv.jpg

Back
fanback.jpg

Broken sod points :(
fanwire1.jpg

Up Date

Been working on my set up added and changed a few things

Tubes redone with a smaller size added a NZXT 120mm rear fan
imag0072la.jpg

Sleeved wires added bitfenix 200mm white fan
imag0079pb.jpg

rocker switch in the front for UV CCT
imag0101ao.jpg

Changed the tubing again, made a PSU cover, put mesh on the back were the HDD cages used to be and added UV CCT
imag0108yz.jpg

120mm coolermaster fan painted white wrapped in mesh, painted the DVD drive and painted the converter and wires for the UV CCT and added 120mm corsair fan in the 5.25 bays
imag0115zm.jpg

imag0116xf.jpg

Video card back plate first attempt
imag0118tr.jpg

Video Card back plates end result
imag0135ij.jpg

imag0136jm.jpg

HDD cage mesh cover
imag0137zy.jpg

Inside close up view
imag0130s.jpg

LEDs with dimmer mounted on the inside of the front door
imag0133t.jpg

Blue led rocker and UV led rocker switch
imag0134rn.jpg

Last edited:
The covers on the cards do they come off easy? And yes a really nice job on the case! AJ.

Thanks
The mesh back plates are attached to acrylic sheets that are attached the the cards. What I did was score and snap the acrylic to a slightly smaller depth than the pcb bored and used a dremel to cut exhaust grooves for heat to be able to escape. I then cut some small acrylic squares about the size of the screw holes on the pcb and secured them in place with Scotch/3M double sidded medium strength tape. Then I just connected the squares to the main acrylic sheet and basically did the same for the mesh. Its on their pretty good but not so much that I can't take it apart if I need to. Just need to take my time if I wanted to disassemble it. I took it apart once already with no problems.

Lookin Good :cool:
I was trying to decide wear to place the LEDs in my case, I think I might go a similar route to what you did on the side panel.
Do you have a picture with the side panel on and the case lights on?
Also where did you get the black mesh from?

I have a link to a youtube video for the leds. I have them set up to a dimmer switch to go from full bright to slow dim to off but the switch has allot of settings from strobe,Blink and fade and you can adjust the speed of them.
YouTube Video sorry about the quality of the video took it on my phone In person looks way better than the video

I got the LEDs, dimmer,LED rocker and connectors from http://www.superbrightleds.com/

I got the Modder Mesh from http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g44...isc_Case_Parts-Modders_Mesh_Panels-Page1.html

I have a link to a youtube video for the leds. I have them set up to a dimmer switch to go from full bright to slow dim to off but the switch has allot of settings from strobe,Blink and fade and you can adjust the speed of them.

I got the LEDs, dimmer,LED rocker and connectors from http://www.superbrightleds.com/

I got the Modder Mesh from http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g44...isc_Case_Parts-Modders_Mesh_Panels-Page1.html

Cool, video was just what I was looking for :cool:
You answered my next question before I had to ask it...I might be adding a dimmer control to my setup now :D

Back