• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fishy lan 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just added HL2:DM as a deffinate game on the list. I just played it for the first time yesterday, and wow, thats a fun game. Like HL2 meets UT2k4. Knowing you guys, and how much you love UT, this will be a perfect game.

I also added Battlefield to the list. I know we have tried it before, but there are 2 people that would love to play that game, so I figure Ill give it another shot. Just no car racing mod games, Tom.

{PMS}fishy said:
I also added Battlefield to the list. I know we have tried it before, but there are 2 people that would love to play that game, so I figure Ill give it another shot. Just no car racing mod games, Tom.

damnit that mod is awsome and you know it :temper:.

we can play the docks and other small maps on DC like last time, it was pretty fun :beer:

As of right now I won't be able to make it. Little bro is graduating from boot camp that weekend and I'll be out of town to see it. However if he ends up getting set back in training, I'll be able to come.

I'll keep you all posted.

Edit: God, I still need to get this Prommy to Dino too. I really need to get on top of things here. Been crazy busy.

Hmmm, you guys are KINDA close to me :p.

And I'd like to make a note of a up-and-coming 500 person lan party for the New England people. I would make a main post about it, but it wont let me :-/.

If someone could help me out, that would be awsome heh.

But, all the info on it can be found here:
http://noreaster.lpane.net/

And I'd love to try n make you guys' lan if possible?

Aight I'm back from my weekend in new york. Still a bit hurting but othern than being a bit lighter in the wallet not too bad. All those that expressed interest I'll add u as possible but u need to confirm with either fishy or I before the lan comes. Anyone that is not a current member of OCforums is more than welcome to attend they just need to join and make 1 post.

Slayer2003 said:
Hmmm, you guys are KINDA close to me :p.

And I'd like to make a note of a up-and-coming 500 person lan party for the New England people. I would make a main post about it, but it wont let me :-/.

If someone could help me out, that would be awsome heh.

But, all the info on it can be found here:
http://noreaster.lpane.net/

And I'd love to try n make you guys' lan if possible?

You are more than welcome to come.

Sweet, I'm trying to throw a new rig together for the 500 person lan I mentioned, so I'd have to get that done before I could come. Just ordered all the WC components today :D

I'm there. :)
Might as well beat on my foot a little more before it gets modified. :D

My table can also attend if needed. ;)

Side note:
There will be a Summer Event here at the house at the end of August again this year, firm dates will be posted when time draws near.

rogerdugans said:
I'm there. :)
Might as well beat on my foot a little more before it gets modified. :D

My table can also attend if needed. ;)

Side note:
There will be a Summer Event here at the house at the end of August again this year, firm dates will be posted when time draws near.

Yeah, the table would help. Bring a comfy chair for yourself if you would like. Oh, and you better go and get HL2. DM is so much fun.

Do you have a spare monitor you could bring? Also is Brian comming with you.

Ill send dirrections when the date gets closer, and we firm up who is comming.

Don't forget to kidnap Mr B. He knows about the LAN, so he best be here.

I'll send Brian a link to this- he'll probably be in.

We'll have to work on Mr B.........;)

HL2 running native in linux, Pete?
I gotta talk to you about Cedega in Gentoo as well....problems. Sending PM in a bit.

As far as the table and spare monitors: all can be done it's just a matter of getting stuff in my car, lol.

(Alternative transportation is not tough to manage though. )

rogerdugans said:
I'll send Brian a link to this- he'll probably be in.

We'll have to work on Mr B.........;)

HL2 running native in linux, Pete?
I gotta talk to you about Cedega in Gentoo as well....problems. Sending PM in a bit.

Nativte no, Cedega yes.

Hit me up on Y! and I can help you out.

List of attendees updated. Looks like 7 are confirmed as of now which is a pretty good start. I'm leaving for LA on wednesday so updates to the attendees list will be spotty at best incomprehendable at worst. LOL. Things look good for a excellent lan. Hopefully those that are possible will be able to attend and we can add a few more as well.

Gentoo rigs a-rockin' here, thanks to some help from Fishy. ;)
Only trick I'm going to have is getting a rig for Blackstar to use set up (prolly winblows) as he said he is in.....must get him to post up, the lazy so and so.
I'll have the table and a spare monitor, anyway.

rogerdugans said:
Gentoo rigs a-rockin' here, thanks to some help from Fishy. ;)
Only trick I'm going to have is getting a rig for Blackstar to use set up (prolly winblows) as he said he is in.....must get him to post up, the lazy so and so.
I'll have the table and a spare monitor, anyway.

I have a video card, and some ram. I could slap together a XP1600+ if worse comes to worse.

Its possible that he could play on my roomates laptop too. PM 1.6 512mb of RAM. 9600 turbo.

Should be ok, Pete. Thanks though.
And that laptop actually sounds like it might be a halfway decent gamer...

The Game List:
I have most of those titles and can probably scrape up the cash to spring for one more-
HalfLife 2 the best one to get?

Hmmm I may just bring my new from RMA main board,XP1900 .My 6800NU ANd a PSU mouse and key board.. .. I dread trying to get my main rig in the car ..It weighs 150 plus pounds and is giant , i am not sure as i cant lift it alone

Back