• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flamethrower 1972's 'updating my F@H' thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think some of the guys use the 1080 Ti, but I'm running an AMD RX 6800 XT. I also have a GTX 970 in an older machine in the basement. Very few fold on AMD because they had a driver problem that wasn't fixed until a couple years ago. Like you, only folding on GPUs, not CPU.

Yup, you take care of them and they'll take care of you. While my 1080Ti's still work, they've been retired just like my 2080Ti's have in favor of the 40 series cards. Far better performance given the same power req's.

Still have six 1080Ti folding in my farm, all EVGA (2xSC, 1xSC2, 3xFTW). With Power Limit set at 180-200w, average about 2.35 million PPD per GPU, folding in Linux.

My Maxwell 750Ti/970/980Ti and Pascal 1060 gpu can still fold too, but usually only as space heaters when cool enough to turn off the A/C and open the windows.

I got my 2 1080 tis sc2s memory at 5301mhz and my graphics at 2000 mhz.
Cool beans! Are you able to see a PPD increase from the change? What about power use?

Unlike overclocking for gaming where generally higher GPU and memory clocks rule, I think there's a finesse to overclocking your cards for F@H. Someone with more knowledge, please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought with some cards, F@H responds more to memory overclocks with negligible increases to power use (unlike overclocking the GPU where power use tends to increase more, especially if you added voltage in your overclocking)...

...something to think about moving forward when you're tweaking for PPD efficiency too. :)

I have been thinking that I take one of 1080 tis out and replace it with a card just a little stronger something used in $200 range anyone have ideas? How about a 3060.

Last edited:
Back