• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For a little bit of nostalgia, a REAL CYBER DEAL. $209 X850XT PE PCI-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'ven gotten mine but am i the middle of building a new case so have not even fired it up. The reports still seem to be 100% success rate though.

Mine will be here tomorrow but I don't have a 939 cpu yet. These shops need to get the 144 or 146 939 Opterons in asap!

I think you would not have to upgrade the cooling if you jsut wanted the pipes and didn mind downclocking to 500gpu or something. I would not recommend that though. The cooler is aluminum, same as x00xl and is terrrrrible.

great job house
Mine will end up as a hold me over untili the x1800xt's are for sale. I had thoughts about abusing it with full voltmods and phase change but it is destined to be my brother's card for COD2 and upcoming games. I can't take that many chances with it.
I will see what water and a vgpu volt mod do for it, however.

keep it up, house

__TRONIK__ said:
great job house
Mine will end up as a hold me over untili the x1800xt's are for sale. I had thoughts about abusing it with full voltmods and phase change but it is destined to be my brother's card for COD2 and upcoming games. I can't take that many chances with it.
I will see what water and a vgpu volt mod do for it, however.

keep it up, house
Thanks bro...... I'm looking forward to seeing how it responds to your gpu voltmod. Keep us posted.

Krusty said:
so does this mean that you can not run 2 ATI cards in SLI on an nf4 board and you can not run 2 Nvidia cards in Crossfire on a Crossfire board?
Correct

Krusty said:
That sounds like kind of a dumb marketing scheme. You can't run 2 ATI cards on an Nvidia motherboard.
The results are the same (dual GPU), but the technologies are totally different from eachother.

price raised to 247? who are these jokers anyways.. i would rather pay $50 more and get a real x850xtpe and still have my warrenty

guess it all depends on when you buy...... I bought my second card Tuesday night from newegg and it cost me $203 shipped. Next day it was up to $299. Basically these seem to be in high demand. Both cards I bought flashed to 16 pipes. One easily hits X850XT speeds and the other is well over X850XTPE speeds.

UPS dropped it off yesterday. Got it in a new P4 630 machine and it works great! Flashed to x850XT bios without a problem. Core 548 Mem 625 - any higher and it starts artifacting. I have an Arctic Cooling Silencer 5 Rev 2 on it and the temps stay below 55 load and hover around 33 idle. 3dmark03 score jumped from 9400 out of the box to 13006 after flash and oc. I'd love to do a few voltmods to it but my spideysense says quit while I'm ahead. ;)

I'm kicking myself for not buying two since this machine is for my brother. Ah well, I don't have time to game anyway. Not for the next 4 months at least.

What did you pay for yours initially? Also, if you're willing to pay $249 plus ship at the egg, then you can still buy another.

WHAT! i swear, this morning it was $199. and not in stock.. on backorder it said. now its $249 in stock.. crazy newegg.. i will not play their games :mad: :mad:

They don't fix prices until they put it back in stock. That is why you see some things that are outa stock priced really high or low... b/c some things when they never stock up again say the price it was when it ended.

i.e. a 256mb pc133 could have been $100 back in the day, and if it's outa stock it'll still show that price, until they stock it up and change the price.

There's no need to change a OOS price. :)

Back