• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fps issues in new build intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Utroligt, I do not think your issue lies in the Cpu or Gpu. League of legends is a fairly lightweight game. Looking at benchmarks for LOL even an Athlon II processor with a GTX 650ti is getting 102 avg fps at 1650x1050 resolution at high detail settings. A I5-3550 with a 650 ti at 1920x1080 high detail settings avg fps 131. I would trouble shoot the OS and see what programs are running in the background, virus, adware etc... Look at your ram usage maybe there is something in the background using up your available ram. Is it possible the the issue is the servers you're playing on? I know that sometimes when I'm gaming on a server that my ping isn't great on I will have fps drops or lag issues.

I see, i am beginning to put the ram as a suspect for the bottlenecking my pc. my "free ram" becomes "available" after a few games. at one point it actually bluescreened. i thought it was because of the oc, but it may have been the ram.

about the other software running in the background, i have everything shut down apart from "killer network" and music, no browser, no antivirus(even though i should have it running). Maybe i should try the razer gamebooster to test it out tonight, or something similar.

Is you RAM running in dual channel mode? Download Cpu-Z and post screen shots of the Cpu, Spd and Memory tabs. Maybe well see something.

That could be it as well. I am at work at the moment, but will be home in a few hours. i already have Cpu-Z installed, hence i wanted to control the cpu OC. I may have let an eye slip past the memory tab, but not seen anything unusual.
Will post pictures in about 3 hours.
(thx for the newbie user guide, i was going to ask anyway haha)

I expect that you have a 1x4GB RAM setup, correct?

If so, your bottleneck is that the RAM is running in single-channel.

Is you RAM running in dual channel mode? Download Cpu-Z and post screen shots of the Cpu, Spd and Memory tabs. Maybe well see something.
[ CPU TAB.PNG

Memory tab.PNG

SPD Tab.PNG

Here are the CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

So far i can see the ram is in single channel, am i missing something?

I expect that you have a 1x4GB RAM setup, correct?

If so, your bottleneck is that the RAM is running in single-channel.

Atm, i believe the ram is the issue as well, hence all fingers are stirring the pot.

As I suspected.
You'll want a second stick of RAM to take advantage of dual-channel mode.

That'll help your system immensely.

As I suspected.
You'll want a second stick of RAM to take advantage of dual-channel mode.

That'll help your system immensely.

Alright, so i will order some new ram.
Thank you for your fast reply as well, Its nice to finally be on a good forum.
I have my eyes on a pair of these atm, 16GB GeIL EVO Potenza Black DDR3 PC3-19200 2400MHz CL11, would that be enough to let me stay with this system for a while, or can i find better ram, for more sustained gaming?

May ask why these? i actually thought 2400 mhz would be better than 1866, hence power is not a problem.

Would 2x8 gb not benefit me more than 2x4?

- otherwise Ill have to check if they are compatible with my mobo

DDR3 1866 is pretty much the sweet spot for ram right now, 2400's are total overkill unless you're benching. The money you'll spend on them for the performance gained will be minimal at best. I agree with Atminside on those G. Skill ares sticks.

As far as 2x8g vs 2x4g you'll only gain performance with what you are using, so if you're using for example all of your available 4g of ram yes going to 8g "2x4" will help but if everything remains the same in the system you will not gain any performance over 2x4g.

Have you tried running the system at stock settings (optimized defaults option in bios) to be sure its not a setting used for the overclock that is negatively impacting performance?

If the above is the case swapping ram wont make a difference, best to rule it out from the start.

Have you tried running the system at stock settings (optimized defaults option in bios) to be sure its not a setting used for the overclock that is negatively impacting performance?

If the above is the case swapping ram wont make a difference, best to rule it out from the start.

i will try to reset to stock settings when i receive my ram next paycheck.
it would be an idea. It seems like were all rounding the ram for impact

Back