• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As mentioned, most photos in this thread are liquid nitrogen/dry ice, neither of which is a cooling system so much as an extreme benchmarking temporary measure. If you want to look into phase change systems, parts wise, they are very similar to refrigerators but made for the purpose of cooling a CPU. {No, one can not use a refrigerator...the parts are similar, but SS is not a refrigerator.} Google led me to this video, which has a good brief description of a single stage phase change cooler at 5:36. There are also dual- and triple-stage coolers, but once you go past single stage the degree of difficulty becomes exponentially higher. Triple stage coolers are about the size of a medium-large table and waist height. Here's a triple stage cascade build. They are insanely hard to build and keep running; very few people in the OC community are even capable of building one. Upkeep can also be an issue, heh.

Here's our own intro to the various extreme cooling types: https://www.overclockers.com/an-introduction-to-extreme-cooling/

holy cow it's been a long time since I saw the name sdumper!

Whew that's a lot of pots to regulate! Those are Pi sticks, aren't they? I sold my Pi kit and regret it to this day. Those were the best darn memory sticks I ever had.

Hi, yes they are Pi sticks, kits are PSC based....here was couple pretest I did with this platform on ice blocks ahah. Normally only do this ice block test short as the moisture, tempts around 6c
63-F580-C3-42-B0-47-F7-B009-0508-D184-AE14.jpg
0-BD51-F3-C-5-A87-43-F2-86-B6-034249-FE8627.jpg

Back