• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
going to probably use some 1" thick sheet cut to fit the sides and then wrap with (some of) the 60' of 2" tape i got :D

i also got 6' sections of: 2 7/8" ID 1/2" thick pipe insulation for the other (CPU) tubes ill be making in the near future. and then another 3 1/8" ID 1/2" thick one to go around that.

between those two layers and a tape wrap (or two) i think i should be good ;)

FROSTY: Evap Temps -56*C :drool:

frosty1.JPG

frosty2.JPG

most of these systems look home made. i would not want to try that out on my computer

well said.....but in my opinion:
risk-90%
reward-10%
Getting to mess around freezing really expensive stuff: priceless

natewildes said:
well said.....but in my opinion:
risk-90%
reward-10%
Getting to mess around freezing really expensive stuff: priceless

My opinion on a properly mounted and insulated phase change setup =

risk - 5%
reward - 95%

JC, I just anted to point out that every single frosty pattern in your pipe has a mathematical regularity that is amazing. In fact, I'm willing to bet that they are exctly the same only scaled different. You have a nice natural fractal there! :beer:

ya, i thought it looked cool too :beer:

hehe

ive only got that type of "frost" once and thought it was just too cool not take a pic of it.

this pic has been sitting on my SD card for a long time now but when i came across it, i hosted it up and thought id share :)

glad you liked it :D

Super Nade said:
JC, I just anted to point out that every single frosty pattern in your pipe has a mathematical regularity that is amazing. In fact, I'm willing to bet that they are exctly the same only scaled different. You have a nice natural fractal there! :beer:
Just looking at your rank makes it clear you're capable of making ANYTHING nerdy. :eek:

:D

Back