• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frozen CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a Larkooler Extreme Performance Universal G1/4" Liquid Cooling Kit (KU3-241) (Sockets LGA 775 / 1156 / 1366 / AMD K8 / AM2 / AM2+ / AM3) from FrozenCPU. I also ordered the EK GA AMD KIT Full Board Cooling Block Kit - Acrylic - (EK-FB GA AMD KIT) .

Issue 1

I paid for USPS Priority mail (2-3 days) expedited handling, This was June 24 2011.
The Package arrived 27 July. FrozenCPU kept saying it was the Military Postal System (MPS). But actually what is was is that they never stamped the package Priority Mail, only the invoice, and of course my credit card. So it arrived by SLOW BOAT.

Issue 2. The EK GA AMD KIT Full Board Cooling Block Kit 1/4" - Acrylic - (EK-FB GA AMD KIT) would not connect with the 1/4" so I had to by adapters locally.

Issue 3 After about 7 months of running the pump for the Larkcooler is now squealing like a pig. There is no air in it or obstructions.

FrozenCPU say they no longer carry the pump or a replacement and I must now deal with Larkcooler.

I am done with them, as others have said their are other companies.

In the future, please start a new thread instead of digging a 5 year old thread out of history. With that said, it looks like your post has gotten some attention from FrozenCPU, which is great.

Here is [email protected] response to the customer.
FYI- We dont ship any other way to APO other than USPS Priority Mail.

Harold, here are a few thing we would like to point out as well as try to help you the best way we can.

First and foremost we do not want anyone to have a bad experience with us ever. We strive to keep our customers as happy as possible within the areas we can control.

Issue 1. Postal service is one of the most unreliable shipping services available. We did ship the package via the USPS priority mail as the order denoted. Unfortunately we cannot control their process or their time frame especially for APO. 99% of the time USPS APO shipments are delivered in a timely manner. Seems you got the one outside this range and we do apologize, but that is beyond our control.

Issue 2. Looking at your order you selected the incorrect size fittings for your EK block if you were hooking it directly to the Larkooler kit. The specifications of the kit list the tubing size as 3/8" ID.

"*G1/4" Fitting with 3/8"ID tubing design provides high performance heat dispersing at low noise"
(G1/4" stands for the thread type, 3/8" ID stands for the inner diameter of the tubing.)

Under other set-up conditions you could use them if you were running a second parallel loop with a smaller ID tubing size. We at FrozenCPU cannot possibly predict what our customers are using these goods for so we have no way of knowing if the order is incompatible or not. This is beyond our control.

Issue 3. The pump should still be under warranty, the issue is we no longer carry this model. We have 3 extra pumps for the Base Larkooler Kit and we were going to send one to you except it is incompatible with 3/8" ID tubing (which is what your kit is) We don’t even have a full kit we could grab a pump from to replace yours. The only thing I can do is direct you to the place to get the warranty handled. When and if you contact Larkooler, please copy me in on the contact email so I can help facilitate a timely replacement.

All of these things aside I would be more than happy to guide you through figuring out the correct connectors and a suitable replacement pump (if you go with a different model) that will match your system.

Matthew Buckner
Operations Manager

311 East Chestnut St.
East Rochester, NY 14445
Toll Free: 877.243.8266
Local: 585.218.0120
Fax: 585.218.0125
Web: www.frozencpu.com
eMail:[email protected]
MSN: [email protected]

markfrozen, I would like to thank you for stepping up and posting about the problem Sevjer is having with his pump and what you folks are doing to help solve his problem. Thank you for posting this up so our members can see that you all are trying to help him get this resolved.

muddocktor
Forum Staff

And I am going to close this thread out, since it was a necro from 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back