• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frozencpu discount?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
waa it used to be 10% .. now just 5%? huhuhuh
but any discount is great specially from FCPU :)
thanks mark

Placing an order right now and I had OCF open on my second monitor and I just noticed this thread, 5% is pretty good to me! And I have ordered from Frozen in the past and always had great service, great company and will continue to do business with them. Thanks for the discount Mark!! :beer:

i order from frozen cpu because they are local, stuff gets here in about 1 day. never had a problem with them.

Frozen Cpu always processes my orders fast, only problem is the shipping charge is pretty expensive and takes awhile since I am located in California and its based in New York.

As I was reading the first page I thought that this just a big joke thread, but then I skipped to the last page, and realized that it was actually a serious discount. Hahaha. I love how creative frozencpu was with this; I constantly get modding supplies from them.

FRONZEN-CPU !

Great place to order from, still get that small store service too! Always have the latest and greatest when new products hit the market.

Frozen Cpu always processes my orders fast, only problem is the shipping charge is pretty expensive and takes awhile since I am located in California and its based in New York.

I would have to concur on the strange shipping charges.

In order to get the stuff I wanted, extension cables for the PWR, RST, HDD LED, and PWRLED cables, I was going to have to pay close to $20 shipping. We're talking about 4oz of copper and plastic here that could have been stuffed into a padded envelope and shipped via USPS for about $2.

I decided to get a bunch of stuff at once in order to justify the shipping charges so I got those extension cables, four 36" SATA cables, and 8 fans

Wound up being like $33 for shipping.

That's why I don't shop there more often...

I liked going to them for parts every now and then as they do have a decent selection in certain areas. Another reason is that I live fairly close to them and I like to be able to walk into a computer shop and talk to someone. It is also nice for things that are expensive to ship such as cases.

However, they do not seem to be very knowledgeable or caring if you're not looking to spend a boat load of money with them. I bought some equipment from them to customize my case a while back and some of it I kept, but I had a few things that weren't quite working out for me. When trying to return them there was a ridiculous restocking fee to the order of 15% (I think) for undamaged and barely used equipment. I went into the store locally and watched the guy walk into the back and put the stuff back on a shelf. 15% of my money for that? At the time I took the deal but I asked who I could complain to about the matter. The person that I talked to at the store gave me an e-mail address for a person by the name of Mark. I sent him a message explaining the situation and I never received a reply. Rather than chase them down for minor amount of money and the principle of the matter I simply decided that they will never get my word of mouth business for that slap across the face.

Well I can say that "something" at Frozen CPU has changed since my last order.

Last order I placed, several years ago to be honest, I placed the order on a Monday and come Thursday they still hadn't shipped the item even though there were 400+ in stock when I ordered.

Today I placed an order at 8:30AM CST and I received notification that it shipped out from them before 2:00pm CST.

Still not happy about the shipping, but the order was definately taken, processed, and packaged and shipped far faster than last time.

Bump for these Guys.

I placed a $100 order in the morning and had it next day. They are local for me. Processing and shipping is stupid fast.

Just placed a $200 order from them, it's late in the evening so I'm hopping Saturday.

Not sure how these guys USED to be, but they currently seem to be on the ball.

Appreciate the discount guys :thup:

I agree with dribblesnort, sometime I just want to order one cable extension for 3-5 bucks. But the shipping is a ridiculous 10-12 dollars!!!!!@@ Since the price is so much for shipping I have to justify my purchase by ordering more fans, parts, sleeving, etc. They need to fix the shipping prices. It really is the only thing that limits me from ordering with them more often.

I agree with dribblesnort, sometime I just want to order one cable extension for 3-5 bucks. But the shipping is a ridiculous 10-12 dollars!!!!!@@ Since the price is so much for shipping I have to justify my purchase by ordering more fans, parts, sleeving, etc. They need to fix the shipping prices. It really is the only thing that limits me from ordering with them more often.

I did just that. I waited until I had a large order to place and then ordered Eight 120mm fans, Six 100mm fans, Eight 36in. SATA cables, and some case wire extensions.

For that, I could justify $20+ in shipping.

I have to say that they were really the only ones who carried the stuff I needed at a decent price and, even taking into account the shipping costs, it was still about $9 cheaper than the Egg.

My biggest issue now...I need 1 more fan and I don't want to spend $17 to get it shipped Fed Ex, hahaha...

I can say something similar about the Egg too though since they have a business presence in Tennessee so I have to pay sales tax of nearly 9%

It's a pick your poison kind of deal but I'll definitely shop there again though...they really seem to have improved.

Mark just called me at home on a saturday to see what he could do to make me happy, that was extremely nice of him! Still tops on my list of stores to shop from!!

Last edited:
Had a problem with an order I just received. They already have the correct part shipped out with a return label! First buying experience so far is fantastic!

Just for my 2c, I work overseas on a US military base and these guys seem to get PC gear to me faster than any other retailer I have used. I will echo the complaints about shipping charges though. They have a fantastic selection of items, but getting them to you costs a bit over the top. I have seen shipping charges in the realm of $15 and the package arrives with a USPS stamp for ~$5 fees.

I would shop there more often if they would re-assess those fees.

Back