• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny...thought I'd share

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AntiHeiss

Well, I ran down to CompUSA the other day to grab some fan guards and as I was standing in line next to the customer service desk I noticed they had some processors for sale. Being somewhat shocked and amazed I took a closer look. Well, they were selling 2 AMD XP1800+ (retail of course) for $249.99 each. And just before I busted my gut from laughing so hard...I looked over to see the two AMD Duron (one spitfire, and one morgan core) processors sitting in the corner. Both labeled as 1GHz and both labeled at $189.99. My friend and I both got a good laugh at that...at which point in time the guy at the counter said "are you interested in anything in there"? At which point in time I just quietly stated, "um, no...uh...thanks" With a vague smirk on my face...thinking of the processors I have at home, feeling as if I stole something. :cool:

i didn't even pay that much when i bought my xp2000 a long while back........... ha ha :eek:

Oneiron said:
You think that is alot? You ppl are lucky... I'm paying 377,2$ for the XP2100 I ordered last week. (3395,- NOK)

Why would you do that? Get a 1600-1800+ AGOIGA and you'll never regret it, it overclocks maybe 100-200mhz behind it.

Wow that's a steal. You know how much comission you'd be getting there :)

I stop by a "discount" computer store from time-to-time. It's amazing the differences in pricing between what I usually see at Newegg, and the "discount" retail pricing. Hard drives are darn near double, A CPU I can get for $100 is going for the low low price of $189. It's amazing that some folks are willing to pay those overinflated prices.

About the only saving grace of retail stores from our point of view is that sometimes they'll have stock clearances that would be seen as complete idiocy by anyone else in the PC business, you know like 70% off everything must go on parts and stuff. THEN they're worth shopping at. This usually happens the best in chains that are part of a bigger non-computer group. Or in the computer section of office chains, when there's store wide sales. Heh, even Radio Shack does it occasionally. Of course you have to get there the first day to get the good stuff.

Road Warrior

My problem is that I live in Norway... and just about everywhere you turn you see compy part prizes going through the roof! I have ordered from abroud before, but the da*n postal service here is so slow when it comes to deliveries from out of the country it's amazing. I remember I had to wait approx. 1 month for my Alpha HS. In this country they try to put taxes on everything, so you should expect at least one week (if you are lucky) before the blood suckers sends you you're items. I'm not a patient man, so I pay more to get it sooner. :D

Yodums said:

Why would you do that? Get a 1600-1800+ AGOIGA and you'll never regret it, it overclocks maybe 100-200mhz behind it.

Wow that's a steal. You know how much comission you'd be getting there :)

I would allso be very glad if I could order the steppings I want Yodums, but if you say stepping to a norwegian compy shop clerk he'd just look stupidly on me and throw me out. Customer service when applied to the computer industry has not been invented in this country yet... :p
Besides... the prizes for 1600-1800+ XP's are allso insane.

And..

Neweggs prices arent even the cheapest there are.. if youre willing to take the risk, you can save even more over Newegg by buying at pricewatch (note: dont forget to type in the e, or you will get a pr0n site) :) But then again, you cant beat those Newegg reseller ratings.
Lucifer

Back