• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G Team - Strategy Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll put my 'safe scores' up tomorrow & see where I am with the goal. Dice is a waste of time (lots of prep) if I can't get the FSB past 470, but I can put the 4890s under chilled water and push the 3D. :)

Seems like dice ought to help get through the wall. Or at least more volts cooled by dice.

I'll put my 'safe scores' up tomorrow & see where I am with the goal. Dice is a waste of time (lots of prep) if I can't get the FSB past 470, but I can put the 4890s under chilled water and push the 3D. :)

I got some work done on SuperPi last night. I'll get some scores posted tonight while I cook chili for food day at work tomorrow.

I changed the format of our scores thread to what we used for summer wars. Lemme know if you guys like the condensed version, or if you wanna go back to the old version.

I changed the format of our scores thread to what we used for summer wars. Lemme know if you guys like the condensed version, or if you wanna go back to the old version.

looking good! and looks like iv got some work to do ;) but luckily i just got a bunch of ln2 in.

Yeah, I can only dream of getting 425k with this setup. I'll honestly be REAL happy if I can squeeze out 400-410k. I think I managed 417k last wars, but Miah had my goal set at 473k, which I knew wasn't going to happen on air. I ended up feeling pretty bad after the last wars cause I didn't make my goal. Fiancee had to cheer me up. So I'm hoping to not have a repeat of that and to get a lot closer, if not make, my goal.

It's 36*f outside where you are, open the windows and duct the cold air straight to the CPU and GPU pseudo-extreme :D

Make sure the GPU and CPU can't suck up their own hot air, that can make a huge difference in temps.

We don't have mia going around setting goals 50k higher than what we can do this wars. ;)

I miss miah setting those monsterous goals :(

He set mine super high and I had to tweak the hell out of my setup to reach my goal. Felt super proud when I did so :D

Well hell, take your first decent set of runs and add 10%. There's your goal :D

If you manage that, +5%!

If i had any idea what all the setups were capable of i'd do just that, but i don't.

I do want to see lots of >70% OC bonuses though. If i can manage it with an e5200 and it's brutally low FSB wall, you people with snazzy CPUs can too :D

I went off of reasonable hwbot scores to set goals. I barely beat the 70% OC bonus, I'd like to see if I can get it a bit higher tonight. 4.85ghz+ would be sweeeet.

70% is tough you y'all with your high stock clock chips.
It'd be brutal for e8600 people, 5661mhz is 70% OC.
Not getting that on air.

the other side of the coin is that those e8600 and e8700 oc like crazy for being on air, and most other chips wouldnt come close the what they do on air. sure would be nice to have some ln2 or dice action available to all of us.

will be benching tomorra fingers crossed no deaths and some big scores.

I got a little in tonight, new pb in wprime - sub-sixteen seconds. Also brought down SuperPi a bit & brought up my geekbench some (still 25 under my PB though).

Hey guys, lets get some scores in tonight/tomorrow if possible. Even if they are just your safe scores. I work late tomorrow, so I'll def have mine posted tonight.

Back