• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game stuttering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Trying on the other SSD is a good idea.

By BIOS defaults you can either remove the CMOS battery or go into your BIOS and select defaults.

Like you said I reset the bios settingns via the option inside the bios. Still the same results. The UEFI is the same as the bios, it just got replaced, right?

Also an important thing to say, is that for example in pubg, when jumping off from the plane and getting close to the ground, the objects are starting to make clear and render accordingly. Every single time this happens I get those little micro stutters, quite a few of them before I land. This is EXACTLY how my micro stutters look like in other scenarios. I hope this could give you guys an idea!

edit: the game is downloading on the other SSD. If this doesn't work then I don't know... faulty CPU, PSU or motherboard is whats left.

I think my computer has problems with rendering new objects thats why the stutter is there, and its a LOT LOT LOT LOT less with games such as league of legends, where its like non-existant almost. Why could this be? I have a good enough PC..

Last edited:
- I found this video online, my stutter looks very similar to this. However, it happens A LOT less frequently and they are not as bad as on there.

edit:
- THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IM GETTING!

Btw I have reinstalled it on my other SSD, again the same thing... I don't know anymore.

edit2: I have installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology because it was to some guide to stuttering, no results. I also flashed updated my bios to the updated version = no results.

The thing I think got down is that whenever the computer has to process new objects it sometimes stutters, this could be done by what? Not SSD, RAM, GPU because these have been tested. I'm really confused. I'd be surprised if you guys have any more ideas because I don't. I really hope you can still find a way to help me!

Thanks for all your contribution so far.

Last edited:
Not that long ago to be honest, couple months. I doubt it’s that.

SATA ports, and theyre SATA3_1 and SATA3_3

That's good. I have seen this caused occasionally with the ASMedia ports, but those are labeled as SATA3_A1.

Are there any background tasks running while this occurs? Updates (both system or program), any other programs (Chrome will notoriously eat up RAM even when sitting and doing nothing), etc.

No I specifically turn everything off. Ive even disabled useless crap in services such as windows update. My cpu usage never reaches 90%

That's good. I have seen this caused occasionally with the ASMedia ports, but those are labeled as SATA3_A1.

Are there any background tasks running while this occurs? Updates (both system or program), any other programs (Chrome will notoriously eat up RAM even when sitting and doing nothing), etc.
maybe try putting them on asmedia ports then??

I didnt try to overclock my CPU, but it runs at like 4.3GHZ usually I dont think this would ever be a problem would it?

I do have msi afterburner and my logitech gaming software run 24/7. Could these cause anything?

In the mobo manual it says to use the 3_ sata ports for „fastest boot” thats why Ive used them.

maybe try putting them on asmedia ports then??

Just need to make sure the driver is installed first, but yeah it would be worth a shot.

I didnt try to overclock my CPU, but it runs at like 4.3GHZ usually I dont think this would ever be a problem would it?

I do have msi afterburner and my logitech gaming software run 24/7. Could these cause anything?

In the mobo manual it says to use the 3_ sata ports for „fastest boot” thats why Ive used them.

Try disabling any non-essential background software for testing purposes.

Ive got SATA3_A1_A2 and SATA3_A3_A4. 4 ports. What drivers would I need? In the manuak it doesnt speak about any drivers

On the mobo's web page you should see an asmedia driver or sata drivers....something like that.

I will plug those there now.. I don't see the drivers on the manufacturers website for sata so maybe you dont need them.

Another thing is, when I dont do anything on the PC, the CPU starts to spike up to even 20% usage? When Im using it its not... How do I stop those stupid background processes, and why does it need to do them..

Service Host, WMMI Proivder Host, System, System Interrupts, my antivirus Bitdefender. All the processes except the antivirus seem to navigate to the system32 or around that area of windows.
I have plugged the disks into the asmedia ports. I now have an icon of a memory stick in the bottom right corner like I have injected a memory stick, and when I press on it, I can eject the SSD's, this can't be good right? Will test the performance in PUBG right now

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Nope, it stutters just the same, perhaps even more but I'm not sure. Going to change back to my old sata ports.

Back