• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ge force 4 may be overheating how can i check?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fragger56

im new to the overclocking of vid cards, but recently after i changed all of the thermal paste on my vid card hs it seems i have been getting graphical glitches.i.e. ground dissappears after playing bf1942 for a while but comes back after a while.
is there any way i can check my gpu temps?
im using a winfast ge force4 ti4200.
im pretty shure this thing has a thermal diode as there is this thing under the hs kinda like a flap of plastic with two wires out the back connecting to the pcb, this thing rests on the gpu.
i think i may have applied it wrong and am causing the gpu to overheat. i dont wanna fry this thing.

also i installed the new detonator 56.something drivers could this be a driver glitch?
thx in advance

well it seems the removal of the (from what i heard were leaked) 56.55 forceware to the 53's has fixed my artifacting and graphical errors.
now the only thing i need to know and am worrying about is the temp of the gpu as it seems to run pretty hot, anyone know of any programs i could use to check?

I have the same problem. Can't check the temp. I'll be watching to see if anyone has any other suggestions other than an external probe.

Back