• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting a little warm with Koolance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

starscream33

Registered
I've got a Koolance PC2-601 fully loaded with an AMD 1.4. It is getting a bit warm in there. The case thermometer has gotten as high as 89 degree Fahrenheit. I know the motherboard CPU thermometer usually reads about 15 degrees above that. Which would put my CPU around 105.

There really isn't a problem with the system. As I stated, it is FULLY loaded. What I am looking for are some ideas to reduce the heat a little further.

It has 2 fan mounts at the rear of the case, but I'm not sure what size fan to use.

I thought about using another radiator but I don't know of any rads that use the same size hose fittings that Koolance uses.

I don't think you have a real problem here. Your system
is running fine temp wise. You probably don't need to
change a thing unless you start OC'ing.

I do want to start OC'ing. And I don't want to have to worry about the temp if I leave the thingy on over night. So far I haven't had it on more than 6 hours at a time with about 18 hours to cool off.

Also I plan on adding another HD waterblock or two. And you know how much heat those thingys generate. I nearly burned my hand on a Cheetah the other day. :mad:

Yea, those Cheetahs get hot!!! Just blowing a little more
air thru the case wont get it. In your case, WBs for the
drivers might be an answer. I really don't know who
makes the best. You have a great case. Ultimately you
have to experiment like most of the rest of us. :)

Back