• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte z370xp sli MB / i5-8600k - Which Memory Stick is right for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roketteere

Hey guys I am building my wife a new rig as I have been getting the stink eye from her for having a new desktop in 5 years. I have bought the following:

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mboard - ATX/LGA 1151

Buying the following:
i5-8600K

I’m using her old case And already bought an EVGA 600w power supply which is currently installed on MB

I have been looking for 16GB of RAM for her and have found this:

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-236-039

I will be OCing CPU

Does this seem like a good choice for RAM for this MB/CPU?

Thanks

Just about any will do. That will work fine. :)

R u following me lol. J/k

Again thanks you are the freaking best. I’m definitely going to grow my build knowledge quickly here

Looks like OC those sticks with XMP will be the first step after installing

efc74aa10a8fe8ea40b229996288d166.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what needs to happen regardless to anything over 2666. You are not overclocking the sticks as they are rated out of the box to run that (you are overclocking the memory controller in the CPU, however). But this platform will do 4000+ so no worries there.

That's what needs to happen regardless to anything over 2666. You are not overclocking the sticks as they are rated out of the box to run that (you are overclocking the memory controller in the CPU, however). But this platform will do 4000+ so no worries there.

This is what I ended up getting after all. Still did good?

c696474324b2ebca1628f8896cbebddf.jpg

i5 8400 already has the same cooler in the box so or skip it or get something better ... it's still good enough and not so loud for this CPU
i5 8400 is not overclocking, I hope you know that

i5 8400 already has the same cooler in the box so or skip it or get something better ... it's still good enough and not so loud for this CPU
i5 8400 is not overclocking, I hope you know that

Yes I knew that I can’t overclock. Wife and I decided this was a good enough build for what she needs. As long as she’s happy I’m happy.

Also didn’t know it came with fan. Thank you for that. I’ll keep it as a backup.

Thanks again everyone

Back