• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got me a P4 3.0c SL6WK 30 caps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ag3nt911

New Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Returned my last cpu to frys and got another one. It was used I believe since I found silver grease leftovers on it :-/ :temper: Oh well tonight I'll give it a try to see how far this baby can go.

L404xxxx was on the chip. I'm assuming Malaysia, year 2004 and week 04. How good are these chips?
 

Shuzzy

Member
Joined
May 10, 2004
Location
Canada
i have the same chip, and i can tell you that a lot of people, including me have had very good results with these. depending on the rest of your setup, these things can go up around 4 ghz if you know how to get em there. ;)
 

BigStan

Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Location
Dallas, TX
ag3nt911 said:
Returned my last cpu to frys and got another one. It was used I believe since I found silver grease leftovers on it :-/ :temper: Oh well tonight I'll give it a try to see how far this baby can go.

L404xxxx was on the chip. I'm assuming Malaysia, year 2004 and week 04. How good are these chips?

I'm running an L408xxxx. at 260fsb~3.9. With better cooling I think I can get it to 4.0.

Sometimes a used proc at Fry's means someone took it home to OC it and didn't like the results. But, by the "L" code, it should be fairly good.
 
Last edited:
OP
A

ag3nt911

New Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
BigStan said:
I'm running an L408xxxx. at 260fsb~3.9. With better cooling I think I can get it to 4.0.

Sometimes a used proc at Fry's means someone took it home to OC it and didn't like the results. But, by the "L" code, it should be fairly good.

^---- I agree because I'm one of them LOL!

Well let me ask you something:

How do I know if the proc is dying?
 

BigStan

Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Location
Dallas, TX
ag3nt911 said:
^---- I agree because I'm one of them LOL!

Well let me ask you something:

How do I know if the proc is dying?

Well, I'm just totally guessing here, because I've never had one degrade on me. But I would think it would be unstable at a known good speed, and when you stepped it back, it got unstable again, until you were either back to stock speed or it died. I did have a proc act kinda like that once. But I took it out and cleaned it off and reapplied AS5 and it OC back to where it used to be.