• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my 900A, what a difference!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ttfrog said:
Lol, its funny how we all have the same experience. I too was saved much of hte pain when I got my 92 mm enermax adjustable.... quite an improvement over my SFII... I love this thing hehe.

I don’t have a Thermalright. But I do have a SFII. You all are right, it does sound like a hairdryer at max speed, my old one hit 6000 RPM's and it was even worse and it had a whine. This new one only goes to 5000 RPM, but it isn’t as loud and at the lower RPM's it doesn’t sound nearly as bad. The SFII does (according to the specs) have a better CFM to noise ratio than a Panaflo :eek: :eek: :eek: . But I think its a great 80mm fan and I wouldn’t buy anything else if I needed an 80mm, but the truth is, it just cant compete with a 92mm. I would probably get the 92mm Eermax as well if I had an SLK900 or 947 or sp97. Or perhaps a 92mm 119 CFM Trnado. I don’t have too much of a problem with noise :D

Also, just a little correction here, all of the "A" models have the normal socket lug mounting system. All of the "U" models have the 4 hole mounting system. I believe the 947 is slightly smaller, or they enlarged some parts to make others smaller so they would be compatible with some motherboards. I assume it got in the way of the capacitors or the power to the motherboard or something.

yes...the size of the 900a's ment to fit one on my mobo for example would have required severe bending of the capacitors around the cpu...

I just mounted my fan diagonally on the heatsink for my slk800. Gives it a bit of space so less dead zone I figure hehe. But seriously, I HIGHLY recommend the enermax fan. It pushes an enormous amount of air for the noise it makes. :)

Back