• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU coil whine / buzzing when moving my mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snorlaxxx

Registered
Today I noticed buzzing from the GPU (ASUS DCU II 290) while moving my mouse (Logitech G700).

This only happens in Windows. As soon as I am in game this behavior stops.
I tried different USB ports. Nothing changed.
Changing the polling rate changed the frequency of the sound. At 1000hz it's high frequency, at 500hz lower and below that it just gets smaller in intensity, but it's still there.

I tried another Logitech (MX Anywhere) Unifying Mouse, which didn't have this problem.
Only my G700 does. I'm running SetPoint 5.46.10 / Driver 5.33.14. Never had this before.

So far I don't have any ingame coil whine.

What might cause this and how can I get rid of it?

Easier said than done. For now I can just hear that it comes from the GPU. But from where exactly I don't know. The thing is, I still have the air cooler on it.

I thought maybe it goes away as soon as I put a water block on it?!

Easier said than done. For now I can just hear that it comes from the GPU. But from where exactly I don't know. The thing is, I still have the air cooler on it.

I thought maybe it goes away as soon as I put a water block on it?!

It is plausible that the cooler temperature could "cure" it.

That said, I would just nail polish all the chokes when you put the block on.

Back