• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU mining PTS, and whats the hype about

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
okay... found my issue... now just to figure out how to solve it.
i get a whole bunch of warnings when i load up the bat file, and when i do two seperate bat files, one of my cards gets 3200-3400c/m, and the other only gets 700-800c/m
settings are exactly the same for both cards.
anyone got any ideas for me?
a single instance, or two instances, and the same thing happens.

This is what you need:

clpts_x86-64 PumXyPmEjoi3eQdCU3DTL9WHwoYgbGfQbL -t 0,1 -a 2

That will run both cards, and use the 2nd algorithm, which works best on 280x's :D

okay... found my issue... now just to figure out how to solve it.
i get a whole bunch of warnings when i load up the bat file, and when i do two seperate bat files, one of my cards gets 3200-3400c/m, and the other only gets 700-800c/m
settings are exactly the same for both cards.
anyone got any ideas for me?
a single instance, or two instances, and the same thing happens.

you should indeed see 3k per card, since the 7870 gets 1500

now sadly i still have no 280s .. so i cant first hand try anything, but I could recommend trying something like this:
run two instances of the miner each with two worker threads, since the 280s are dual thread friendly, also try to assign each miner to a diff cpu core

-a 2 gets me 3000-3500c/m and 800-900c/m
-a 1 seems to be more consistent, at least on the card that was running 3400c/m
gpuz reports both cards are running at 3d clock speeds

I switched to having multiple instances and gained about 700-1000cpm across the cards, although I'm also getting a decent amount of rejects.

-a 2 gets me 3000-3500c/m and 800-900c/m
-a 1 seems to be more consistent, at least on the card that was running 3400c/m
gpuz reports both cards are running at 3d clock speeds

PTS needs bandwidth, so that means no Pcie 1x slots.

Are you running any cards in the Pcie 1x slots?

so it turns out that one of my 280x does not like running two instances...
it will also only do 2400-2500c/m with one instance.
it looks like ill be doing two instances, -t 0 and -t 1,1
posted on the bitshares thread asking about it, and thats what NaN said to try, said something about one of the threads using too much cpu loading, although i never saw loading go above 15% in the task manager.
also, i dont know how to assign a thread to a certain core with windows 8, its different than it used to be in other windows before this one.
and nope, neither card is in a 1x slot
however, one slot is 16x, and the other is 16x slot, but runs at 8x

so it turns out that one of my 280x does not like running two instances...
it will also only do 2400-2500c/m with one instance.
it looks like ill be doing two instances, -t 0 and -t 1,1
posted on the bitshares thread asking about it, and thats what NaN said to try, said something about one of the threads using too much cpu loading, although i never saw loading go above 15% in the task manager.
also, i dont know how to assign a thread to a certain core with windows 8, its different than it used to be in other windows before this one.
and nope, neither card is in a 1x slot
however, one slot is 16x, and the other is 16x slot, but runs at 8x

Weird... Oh well. Do what you gotta do to get more c/m :)

The 8x thing might has something to do with it, PTS loves fast memory, and 8x is half the speed of 16x (roughly I think)

well, managed to get it to 3500 and 2600c/m
guess that will have to do for now.
real shame i cant figure out how to get that second card up to 3000+c/m
may actually put it on a different coin if i cant figure that out.

well, managed to get it to 3500 and 2600c/m
guess that will have to do for now.
real shame i cant figure out how to get that second card up to 3000+c/m
may actually put it on a different coin if i cant figure that out.

figure which yields more and do that, i have one machine split in two like that since one card is 2gb and one is 1gb

AHA!
i figured it out.
i had come home to a crashed computer that wouldnt boot up at all a little while ago, ended up being so ****ed up that the boot manager wouldnt load, and my windows disks couldnt fix it, needed to reinstall the os.
however, in trying to figure out what was wrong with the system, i had switched over to the second bios on my sapphire 280x.
just remembered that now, shut down the rig, switched back to the stilt bios i had flashed onto the card, and now i get 3400c/m from the sapphire card, and 3500c/m from the asus card, both running identical clocks.
happy that i got that figured out, apparently something about the backup bios on the sapphire card didnt play nice with my system, as it had been doing a few funny things on boot since then, none of which happened during this last boot.
oh, and -a 1 gets me an extra 300ish c/m on my 280x, both of them

AHA!
i figured it out.
i had come home to a crashed computer that wouldnt boot up at all a little while ago, ended up being so ****ed up that the boot manager wouldnt load, and my windows disks couldnt fix it, needed to reinstall the os.
however, in trying to figure out what was wrong with the system, i had switched over to the second bios on my sapphire 280x.
just remembered that now, shut down the rig, switched back to the stilt bios i had flashed onto the card, and now i get 3400c/m from the sapphire card, and 3500c/m from the asus card, both running identical clocks.
happy that i got that figured out, apparently something about the backup bios on the sapphire card didnt play nice with my system, as it had been doing a few funny things on boot since then, none of which happened during this last boot.
oh, and -a 1 gets me an extra 300ish c/m on my 280x, both of them

:thup::thup:

Get mining! :p

haha :))) well things like that do happen :)

I figured I would pass it along, just in case. I have other wallets on that system and have never had an alert.

Script looks like this -

clpts_x86-64 PkLSncxDdADsgbgYhygZsNW35YVYJrkfFQ -t 0,0 -a 1

I get "could not resolve host" and it retries every ten seconds with no success. Did I miss something in my .bat script?

Script looks like this -

clpts_x86-64 PkLSncxDdADsgbgYhygZsNW35YVYJrkfFQ -t 0,0 -a 1

I get "could not resolve host" and it retries every ten seconds with no success. Did I miss something in my .bat script?

Nope that means the server is down, or your internet is messed up.

Is that for beeeeer? If so, I'm mining just fine right now.
And no, your batch file is fine, thats what mine look like.

Back