• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 280/260 Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
interesting, 512bit with GDDR3, well its cheaper ram then GDDR5. they are able to get the same bandwidth if not more with GDDR3/512bit setup. though it would really sing with GDDR5/512bit, but costly.

hows this fellow got one btw?

he work for nVidia or did it "fall off the back of a truck" so to speak.

neither of the above.. he doesnt have one and is prolly a sneak peak to a select few reveiwers at comdex or was it ces, i keep forgetting the names.

Heh except for the slightly fewer (but supposedly more efficient) SPs it looks pretty much like a GX2-on-a-chip, although it's gonna no doubt be faster at really high resolutions thanks to the 1GB@512bit.

gonna be buying one just after launch i hope :D hello better looking crysis :D then another shortly after, hello Crysis Very High 1900x1200 (fingers crossed)

i don't see this card being the card that makes crysis run, all of the sudden, like butter

just call it a hunch, i don't have any inside info or anything, just my personal feelings, i see it performing a tad bit faster than a GX2 but not much, definitely not 60fps at very high @ 1440x900 or higher resolutions

Man those new shaders are crazy. The pixel fillrate is only 8 more GPixel/s, but the Texture fillrate is quadruple my 8800GT.

750c / 1250m / 1800s should be no prob when overclocked / volt modded

ya. if its stock at

602/2214/1296 with a decent fan speed should be able to get it high; i run mine at 60% and i can't hear it, cos i've always got gunfire/music/video playing.

Though even when nothing is i can't hear it much, especially not over my typing into here lol.

But with those stock clock speeds, we should easily reach 800+/2400+/2000+

Hell, with my 8800GTS 512mb I've got

800/1950/2332

so this beast should be able to at least match them.

EDIT:

Hmm, i've just been looking in GPU-Z and my Texture Fillrate is higher than that...? Mind you only by 3G/Texels, but still, what gives?

Last edited:
Nah what chinstrap was saying is how much a GT200 core would beat a G92 core when they are at the same speed.

The question is how much.

Just like a 3.0GHz Nehalem CPU is going to beat a 3.0GHz C2Q by 30-40%

Back