• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hackintosh: Please Check Over My Clover Settings - Any issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, Im new to hackintosh, and I've watched a bunch of videos and looked at the clover configurator wiki, but Im unsure if any of my settings in Clover are all good.
The only issue I currently observe is that my hackintosh does not stay asleep. As soon as the system goes to sleep, it immediately wakes up. I'd like to restore this function if possible.
Also, i'd like that clover auto loads Mojave after 3 seconds on the bootloader window, but I can't get that to work. Any ideas?

My rig:
i7 8700k
Asus Z370-E
32GB Hyper X ram
Sapphire 580
Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512GB

Here are my Clover pages, let me know if you spot anything that should be set differently (i've gotten this config.plist from a Youtuber, who didn't have my exact setup, so if you see settings I should adjust for my rig, let me know). Thanks!

Screen-Shot-2018-10-21-at-10-33-57-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2018-10-21-at-10-34-05-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2018-10-21-at-10-34-14-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2018-10-21-at-10-34-27-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2018-10-21-at-10-34-34-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2018-10-21-at-10-34-48-AM.png

Have you joined any Hackintosh support forums yet? The biggest one is probably tonymacx86.com. You might find some answers there. I have built a number of Hackintoshes and I can tell you there are typically many fewer problems when using older hardware for the build - using components that were actually used by Apple. I don't mean old old but like 2-3 years. Apple is typically 2-3 years behind the hardware curve. So when you throw an unused by Apple new chipset into the mix like the Z370 it typically will have little issues. I can also tell you that sleep problems are very common in the Hackintosh arena.

I'll have to have a bit more time to look at the settings reg. sleep but one thing I noticed is that you have enabled trim via a kext patch. Are you using APFS? If I remember reading correctly, APFS trims all drives automatically now so force trimming may put additional wear on the drive.

Back