• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAHA Oh god that's funny!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vulcan5d

Registered
My best friend was upgrading his dad's PC. He was upgrading it from a 200mhz Celeron to a 600mhz one, his dad doesn't need anything powerfull.

Anyway when he hooked it up the PC speaker was going CRAZY. It was beeping like a cell phone on steroids. He called me and asked what could be wrong, but we couldn't find the problem. That sound was really annoying, I couldn't stand if over the phone. The PC was working fine, so my friend got ****ed off and ripped off that PC speaker with some plyers. The speaker was attached directly on the motherboard, you couldn't just unplug it.

Now a few hours later he asks me if a CPU running at 70*C is too high. I'm like HELL YEAH shut your PC off. He said it wasn't his, it was his dad's :). A Celeron 600 running at 70*C.....HOLLY! I'm suprised it even works. I'll be even more suprised if it works by tomorrow hehe. I'm going to let him borrow my artic silver, if it already ain't to late ;).

Wow...yeah...I'd be worried if the speaker was giving me beeps...even if the damn thing was working fine...

vulcan5d said:

Anyway when he hooked it up the PC speaker was going CRAZY. It was beeping like a cell phone on steroids. He called me and asked what could be wrong, but we couldn't find the problem. That sound was really annoying, I couldn't stand if over the phone. The PC was working fine, so my friend got ****ed off and ripped off that PC speaker with some plyers. The speaker was attached directly on the motherboard, you couldn't just unplug it.

The computerized version of "Kill the messenger", huh? Hopefully ripping that speaker off the board didn't cause any damage to the board that's causing this heatup.

That speaker was important? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ken

I'm pretty sure ripping the speaker out wouldn't raise the processor's temperature. :D

a friend of mine has his palomino 2000 running at 72c in bios!!(O-D)

aparantly its never crashed on him though,i only saw it yesterday and i was like wtf!!

heh. Celerons are bulletproof. I mean it. I should collect dead ones and make armor out of them. I have a slot1 300A here that I have run with no heatsink what so ever at the goody speed of 450mhz. Sure, you dont want to touch it (made that mistake.. got a serious burn), but it'll get into windows just fine :)

With heat like that it's only a matter of time, unless you leave the machine on a lot, turning it off and letting it cool only weakens the metal each time it heats back up.

Back