• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hallen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I'm pretty positive that you have some AS on the bridges, or your unlocking went wrong some where by transferring. When I did a sloppy job, and got AS all over the chip, it just blinked. I started sweating, time to pull out mr isopropyl, and a roll of toilet paper! :D Cleaned the AS off the chip, erased the marks on the bridges, cleaned the bridges. Then did AS3 again, and did the bridges, voila it posted :D

I'm 70% positive it's a doings with teh chip.

Yodums

hallen said:

Now if I could only figure out some paying proposition for all that MGHZ.:)

Maybe there will be a market some day:

"People in organizations need burst power, but computers deliver sustained power. What an intermediary can do is help bridge that gap," Armentrout said. "We're giving clients the ability to buy variable power on demand."

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-245266.html

hallen said:
Thanks for the observations on VNC. I had planed a quiet weekend playing with it but ended up destroying two boards and frying two processors. All for the sake of trying to keep an XP333 alive. Should have RMA'd it right away but too late now. I still think the XP333 has possibilities and plan to beat the remaining one to death finding out what the board will do.

No sense in replacing anything right now until the Thouroughbread picture becomes clear.

VNC interests me as I can get some cheap commercial space and plan to move the hardware there next month.

It's quite warm and cozy here right now but soon the sun will start heating things up and I have no intention of using A/C.

VNC should let me remotely monitor things and together with KVM equipment
http://www.startech.com/kvmswitches/kvmswitchesfaqmain.htm

I should be able to build up, using shelving in a nice high ceilinged warehouse.

Now if I could only figure out some paying proposition for all that MGHZ.:)

Harvey

edit: I just checked price on the above KVM link. This is more of what I'm thinking:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2011544289

I own one of those (bought it off eBay from same exact company) and it's not too bad for the money. You will lose the mouse upon switching at times though and it gets annoying. Have to boot each PC one at a time as it doesn't support emulation.

I actually ordered a better one last week. It's a D-Link 4 port that supports emulation so I can boot all PCs at the same time with full use of kb/mouse. It's an active switch too so I should never lose my mouse (I have a LinkSys 2-port that's active and it has never faulted on mouse or kb). Paid $69 for it without cables (going to use the ones I have already) from ComReady.com. Pretty good prices on all kinds of stuff.

Dad has a KVM 4 port, just that it's not the best. No emulation as Jon mentioned, and if you turn the knob too fast over the CPU, it'll lose signal to the monitor and probably the keyboard and mouse as well, but I can't possibly witness it without the monitoir! :D

I've got a four port "LinXcel" electronic KVM that I picked up at the local show for less than $100. It can be switched manually or with the keyboard.

The only quirk that I've encountered is that either you have it switched to the computer or off of the computer when booting, switching on or off during POST will sometimes lose the mouse. If you leave it be and let it boot, no problem. Other than that no complaints, graphics are good too, although I do no gaming.

It is surprising how much more expensive an eight port switch is compared to a four port unit.

Good Luck!

I picked up the expensive Belkin OmniCube 4 port with my
tax return LAST year, and honestly, it has been as excellent of
a work horse as anything in my setup.

It was expensive though. $175 for the box, and $16 for each
set of cables!

At work we have the next gen Belken one, and it's a piece of
crap. Constantly losing mouse, or worse yet, the mouse
instructions get all boggled up and sends the mouse spinning
and clicking all over the screen, opening and closing things and
doing random things.

The only advantage of the new Belken I have at work is that
it can switch screen by tapping Scroll Lock twice, then #1-4 for
the port you want.

I'm thinking about picking up an 8Port rack mount Compaq KVM
off EBAY. They run about $200 for a new to slightly used unit,
and then I have to run out and buy a set of cables...

It's the damn cables that kill me!

Lonely Raven said:
It's the damn cables that kill me!

You've got that right! Over $100 for a set, that's enough for two new 1G DURONS including shipping and change.

Make sure that you get the correct cables for your switch, M/M, M/F, F/F or whatever your switch requires. I picked up the wrong one when adding a system and had to wait for the next show because I wasn't paying $20 for another cable or $15 for an adapter at CompUSA that cost me $3 at the show.

Good Luck!

i also using a D-Link 4 ports KVM switch. love it so much!

no only i can switch when booting up w/out losing anything, but also, can switch either from the front button or keyboard. graphic r nice. switch r fast. and price isn't bad when comparing to others too. got it from NewEgg.com.

Back