• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hardware from 10 years ago

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ohhh, I see you got the "Dreadlock Ruby" edition. :D

It looks like the version that is actually a slowed down 6970 that could be flashed & control the overclock with the dual BIOS switch. I didn't get one soon enough and by then it couldn't be flashed. It was a true 6950, but I did eventually get it clocked up to the speed of a 6970.

Lol.

Almost 7 makes that a 6 if you're going the quote myself route. ��

I gonna have to PM Scotty the weekend & ask for Win98/Win2k drivers to some of these old cards. If anyone is gonna have them it'll be him.

;)
I have whatever you're looking for.

I'll post up some of my hardware a little later. Don't want to be a thread hog. lol

I knew if anyone would have those old drivers it would be you. I'd like to see some pics of your collection.

It looks like the version that is actually a slowed down 6970 that could be flashed & control the overclock with the dual BIOS switch. I didn't get one soon enough and by then it couldn't be flashed. It was a true 6950, but I did eventually get it clocked up to the speed of a 6970.

Yes, I nearly forgot that until you said something. But, you're right. I purposely bought this card because it could be flashed to make it a 6970. I don't remember any dual BIOS switch though. I never had that.. First, I overclocked it first to make sure it was stable at the higher clocks and then I just flashed it to a 6970 BIOS. So, basically it's a HD 6970 card now unless I flash it back... naw.

Mr. Scott, post away, please. I've exhausted my stash of cards and can't find anymore photos.

I might have some of them old drivers too, but I've have to go through a pile of backup CDs.

My PNY ti4400 was one of my favorite video cards. I was able to overclock it way past a ti4600's settings. I ended up giving it to a friend who needed a video card.

I have a beige box or three... :)

I had a Sapphire X1900XT box with no card, but the stock cooler was there. The girl on the cooler is not Ruby. I've never seen this one before or after, until I googled it just now. Pretty sure I sold the card with a waterblock already attached. The funny thing is, everything else in the box is all seal up. Instructions, drive CD, cables, adapters, etc. Sometimes I bought OEM cards. All you got was the vid card in an anti-static bag.

I had a Sapphire X1900XT box with no card, but the stock cooler was there. The girl on the cooler is not Ruby. I've never seen this one before or after, until I googled it just now. Pretty sure I sold the card with a waterblock already attached. The funny thing is, everything else in the box is all seal up. Instructions, drive CD, cables, adapters, etc. Sometimes I bought OEM cards. All you got was the vid card in an anti-static bag.

I just stumbled across this pic of my 1900xtx, one of the first GPUs suitable for GPU folding. I think that I had a couple of them, or maybe a model with a similar name.

1900xtx.jpg

I wish I kept all my pictures from all my old cards as I upgraded from 2000 onwards I had so many that I would purchase used off Ebay use them for a while then when I needed an upgrade I would sell it on ebay again to fund towards another used card that was better, but my first GPU was and I can't believe I remember most of them was a Hercules Prophet 4500 64mb AGP. Boy it made life easier when playing Diablo 2 lol as I was using an onboard card at the time in my first and only prebuilt PC a Compaq Presario 5410 which had a AMD K3 (I think) 350mhz CPU, 32mb PC100 SDRAM, 4GB HDD and CD ROM drive and I paid £750 for it back in 2000.
My cards after that were (from what I remember went back to my old ebay listings most of the cards where as stated bought/used/sold on for next one)

XFX 6600GT 128mb GDDR3 + New Artic NV6 Cooler (my favorite looking card once I put 3rd party cooler on)
Xpert Vision Nvidia Geforce 7600GT 256mb GDDR3
Inno 3D Geforce 8600GT 256mb GDDR3 PCI-E Card
GeForce 9600GT 512mb GDDR3 + Neo Copper Blu Cooler
Sapphire ATi Radeon X800 GTO PCI-E 256mb
AMD 5850 1GB
AMD 7850 2GB

I also remember purchasing Geforce 4 MX 440 cards the very low ends ones for people to make there systems a little better when they had nothing but didn't play games just browsed etc.

Last edited:
I just stumbled across this pic of my 1900xtx, one of the first GPUs suitable for GPU folding. I think that I had a couple of them, or maybe a model with a similar name.

View attachment 192795

I forgot about the brief period folding with ATI at the dawn of using GPUs. I was folding on my x1900's back then (for another team :chair:). Your XTX looks just like my crossfire edition & my XT.

Nice collection. Those are all AGP, correct? My Voodoo II is PCI because my Pentium200 system didn't have an AGP slot.

The 2 VooDoo's are both PCI. The PCI 5500 is a little harder to come by than the AGP 5500.

Wanna see some Nvidia? I have a few. :D

Last edited:
I forgot about the brief period folding with ATI at the dawn of using GPUs. I was folding on my x1900's back then (for another team :chair:). Your XTX looks just like my crossfire edition & my XT.

What was that other site we used to be on together I cant remember It had a white background . IMOsomthing maybe ?

Oh yea, TechIMO forums. Nice site until they let the lunatics run the asylum. I did fold there for a while.

Back