• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware sales heads-up (not for trading)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Arrghh!!

1: They canceled my order for suspected fraud.
2: When I went to sign up for a new account from my home email address, there was already an account for it, and when I reset the password and logged in, the name was not mine and the shipping address was in a state I've never been in. :mad: :bang head
3: So, I set up a new account from my work address, and that seemed to work, but the shipping on it is now 3-5 WEEKS!!!! :bang head:bang head:bang head

I went ahead with it, because it is still a good deal, but it sucks having to wait.

Oh and the Overstock.com authorization on my card still hasn't cleared. :mad:

And my account is so screwed up there that even if they do get it cleared, I'm looking at a minimum of 6 weeks for a card from them. I've officially given up!

So, 280x or better for a decent price is what I'm looking for.

On the plus side, I'm already halfway to having enough for a second 280x from just coin mining. Assuming TigerDirect doesn't sell out.

Hmm...might be worth paying cash, as it was a fairly decent price on their 280x Gigabyte cards.

Huh? Whadd I miss? :shrug:

A 280x for $440? Not bad, but I need funds to buy stuff I guess. :p

Nope, ribbon cable risers, USB risers and 2 PSU to 1 MB power 24 pin Ys. At prices higher than you can get elsewhere. Nothing to write home about or worry about missing.

No deals, but I did notice that the bitcoinstore no longer carries any 270x or 280x's.....

At least they did not come up in a search.
Maybe they are just heavily back ordered?

i think they are heavily backordered and just removed them from the search. if you have direct links, they are still there.

Ive been waiting since January for 2x Asus 280x's that I ordered, and have been emailing BTCstore back and for to get updated ETAs. after a few months of pushing ETAs, they finally said that ASUS told them they have none available and that they have no ETA for more. As i bought these when BTC was worth $850, there was NO WAY i was going to cancel my order. They allowed me to switch my order to 2 Gigabyte cards keeping what i already paid at that exchange rate, and i just had to pay a difference of $37.xx at the exchange rate now. which is acceptable.

his email to me:

No worries about the exchange rate. You will retain the same USD value towards whatever we order for you. I'd recommend 2x TQ7542 (the Gigabyte 280x's you linked to) as they are supposed to be in on 2/23. The price difference is $37.80 so if you can pay that, using the link below, I'll get that switched over ASAP.

thats great CS :). hopefully it doesnt take too long to get the new cards in stock. I kind of wish i would have just bought up the XFX 270x's they had in stock a few weeks ago lol.

i think they are heavily backordered and just removed them from the search. if you have direct links, they are still there.

Ive been waiting since January for 2x Asus 280x's that I ordered, and have been emailing BTCstore back and for to get updated ETAs. after a few months of pushing ETAs, they finally said that ASUS told them they have none available and that they have no ETA for more. As i bought these when BTC was worth $850, there was NO WAY i was going to cancel my order. They allowed me to switch my order to 2 Gigabyte cards keeping what i already paid at that exchange rate, and i just had to pay a difference of $37.xx at the exchange rate now. which is acceptable.

his email to me:

thats great CS :). hopefully it doesnt take too long to get the new cards in stock. I kind of wish i would have just bought up the XFX 270x's they had in stock a few weeks ago lol.

Those XFX's... didn't they only get 420 Kh?

The sapphire Dual-x I got gets a nice 487 Kh now... Not sure if how much they go for now, I bough it when BTC was $802 on the nose :)

Back