• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 2900XT Sapphire from ZZF (As well)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah my results with RC7 is frames dropped like a rock and then some. If everyones getting similar maybe its just related to 64-bit drivers or something.

deathman20 said:
Yeah my results with RC7 is frames dropped like a rock and then some. If everyones getting similar maybe its just related to 64-bit drivers or something.

Oh dang I forgot you are using Windows ME-64. That is 62 worse (98 for you Hexadecimal types) than ME-II lol.

I would think the primary focus for ATI and the 2900 drivers is Windows XP and 32 bit Vista. Vista 64 on a home
desktop is very few and far between ATM.

Viper

Yea I'm on 32bit Vista at the moment. My 64bit CD will arrive sometime this week from microsoft.

vixro said:
Yea I'm on 32bit Vista at the moment. My 64bit CD will arrive sometime this week from microsoft.

There is really no reason to go to 64 bit right now. Wait until the 64 bit drivers (and I do not mean just the 2900's)
have had time to sort out and tune up more. Since most people use 32bit that is where the bulk of the resources
(read human bodies/man hours) in driver developement/improvement is put ATM.

Viper

When I do get ME-II (aka Vista), it will be the 64bit version as I plan on the full 8GB of memory my P965 board will support. This is mainly for VMs and other graphical/video apps that can use it. Except for graphically intense apps like gaming, the odd 32 and 16bit app can still be run in a VM as well as any peripheral devices for which Vista/64bit drivers will never be written.

I'd go with XP64 except it has the same 64bit driver/support issues and has the further disadvantage of being the red headed step child in the eyes of Microsoft and many other driver writers.

Vista with all its warts is still the darling child and heir apparent.

Back on topic, it's nice to see the price erosion of this newest generation of cards, both nVidia and DAAMIT. Bad for them but good for us :thup:

ECH said:
This guy says differently, LOL. Amazing the lengths people go through to bash a product unnecessary.

The guy is bugging out.......he obviously has some other problem he is not aware of and blaming it on the card.......Im going to take some more screen shots at 4xaa 16xaf 1680x1050 and youll see how my frames will be in the 80's to 90's right up at the trees

Titan7170 said:
The guy is bugging out.......he obviously has some other problem he is not aware of and blaming it on the card.......Im going to take some more screen shots at 4xaa 16xaf 1680x1050 and youll see how my frames will be in the 80's to 90's right up at the trees
Did you read the rest of that thread? Wow, :confused:

Last edited:
ECH said:
Did you read the rest of that thread? Wow, :confused:

No the link goes to what he wrote just that page I didnt know there was more?? Im not the one who posted the link.........

ECH said:
Upper right corner of your screen (in the first link I posted). Also here

Cool,thanks, I checked it out, but Im not seeing what you want me to see?? he is saying that hes getting low framerates when looking at trees but Im not??

I do see something though in the 2 comparison pics that eastcoasthandle posted. In the 1600x1200 pic there is no smoke or fire being rendered in that shot?? also the barrel is gone and so is the map

In the 1280x1024 they are all in there........wouldnt this account for some higher framerates in the 1600x1200 shot??

Anyway let me know what you are saying......

also I dont see who was bashing??

Titan7170 said:
Cool,thanks, I checked it out, but Im not seeing what you want me to see?? he is saying that hes getting low framerates when looking at trees but Im not??

I do see something though in the 2 comparison pics that eastcoasthandle posted. In the 1600x1200 pic there is no smoke or fire being rendered in that shot?? also the barrel is gone and so is the map

In the 1280x1024 they are all in there........wouldnt this account for some higher framerates in the 1600x1200 shot??

Anyway let me know what you are saying......

also I dont see who was bashing??
I believe that was addressed just below those 2 pics. As for :confused: that I was referring to I don't see any solid evidence that supports what most are saying yet. IMO, lets see what the new cat drivers do (although it would take more then 1 driver release IMO).

ViperJohn said:
32 Bit can access a full 4 gig...at least mathmatically anyway.

Viper

Actually at work we have a server running 12Gigs of fully usable ram on XP Pro. I was amazed with that in itself.

dudleycpa said:
This deal is gone.:(

i got email from ewiz rep.

Hi Jinu,

We will be receiving this video card back in stock next Monday, 6/4, so you may place your order on our website once you see the item back in stock and if this works for you. Thank you.

Best regards,

Christine Wong
eWiz Customer Service
Phone: 408-934-2500 ext. 344
Direct: (408) 941-8344
Fax: 408-719-5026
Email: [email protected]

Just a little update. I've installed the new drivers from a game perspective I haven't noticed much in frame rate change. So I'd say where pretty good on that.

Now I got a new mobo, so some numbers might be off from now on when I upload test results. Not going to go into anymore for now but when the next driver comes out hopefully there will be a more powerful jump in performance in games.

deathman20 said:
Just a little update. I've installed the new drivers from a game perspective I haven't noticed much in frame rate change. So I'd say where pretty good on that.

Now I got a new mobo, so some numbers might be off from now on when I upload test results. Not going to go into anymore for now but when the next driver comes out hopefully there will be a more powerful jump in performance in games.
what'd you get?

toddm27 said:
what'd you get?

Asus P5W-DH Deluxe, only thing that was in a 90mile radius that had similar chipset with intel matrix raid. Sucks because now I probably can't compete with you when I can finally up the voltage on my 2900XT ;) Check sig for links ;)

Back