• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 5570 and 3 monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acalex2011

Registered
Hi to everybody, I have to buy a 3rd monitor for working purposes and would like to know if I can drive the 3 of them easily using the 2Gb ATI 5570.
The 3 of them are all Full HD 23", 2 of them have VGA and DVI, the 3rd has VGA, DVI and HDMI.
Was thinking to plug them like this (monitor --> video card) and using EyeFinity
1) HDMI --> HDMI
2) DVI --> DVI
3) DVA/VGA (adapter) --> VGA
Do you think I might have any problem? I am hesitating because I read on internet is quite annoying being able to drive 3 monitors at the same time with this card...and that I needed a DisplayPort adapter which I don't know what it is...
Any advice?
Thanks a lot

Since one of your monitors doesn't have a DisplayPort, you'll need an active DisplayPort adapter to connect to the GPU to convert its DisplayPort to another interface since Eyefinity requires the GPU's DP to be used.

Something like this: Sapphire Active DP to DVI Adapter

Since one of your monitors doesn't have a DisplayPort, you'll need an active DisplayPort adapter to connect to the GPU to convert its DisplayPort to another interface since Eyefinity requires the GPU's DP to be used.

Something like this: Sapphire Active DP to DVI Adapter

So can you tell me how I need to connect this? I connect this adapter to the HDMI on the graphica card...or not?
And also...what's the displayport? Thanks again and sorry for the questions :)

You connect it to the DisplayPort on the GPU. Your GPU doesn't have a DisplayPort? I guess I missed that. Usually a DisplayPort on the GPU is required for Eyefinity. What GPU is it exactly?

You connect it to the DisplayPort on the GPU. Your GPU doesn't have a DisplayPort? I guess I missed that. Usually a DisplayPort on the GPU is required for Eyefinity. What GPU is it exactly?

Sorry but I am not sure I understood what this DisplayPort is...my graphic card has 3 outputs, nrmal VGA, HDMI and DVI...is any of that?
On the specifics it says it supports 3 independant monitors...
It is an ATI Radeon HD 5570... in the CCC I can see the AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display option...

A "DisplayPort" is just another type of connector like HDMI, DVI, VGA.

A DisplayPort connector looks kinda like an HDMI connector, here's a DP connector:

untitled.JPG

Can you link to your specific card?

AMD Eyefinity typically uses a DisplayPort and two other connectors. However, I know HIS has implemented Eyefinity to work through the HDMI on some of their AMD cards.

I ordered one similar to that(no DP) cause it was cheaper then I found out I couldn't use 3 monitors since it didn't have a display port.
It was used in an HTPC for a friend so it didn't matter, however it was still advertised for eyefinity.

I ordered one similar to that(no DP) cause it was cheaper then I found out I couldn't use 3 monitors since it didn't have a display port.
It was used in an HTPC for a friend so it didn't matter, however it was still advertised for eyefinity.

Indeed, mine is an Sapphire HD5570 2GB DDR3 and I looked on the site of Sapphire and it actually comes with a VGA, a DVI and an HDMI port...so no DP even if they clearly advertise you can use Eyefinity :(
So which solution do you advise?
Adding another equivalent GC to have up to 4 screens, changing it completely (than my old one would be just wasted) or add another external one?
I still would need to buy a DP adapter cz I coudln't find many monitors with this port...I didnt find any to be honest

Thanks for your advice again!

Back