• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD7970 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At what resolution is it dipping below 40 FPS? 30% GPU sounds like it's a driver problem still, it does not look like a cpu problem you have a good enough cpu.

At what resolution is it dipping below 40 FPS? 30% GPU sounds like it's a driver problem still, it does not look like a cpu problem you have a good enough cpu.

1366x768 res. shouldn't the 7970 be able to handle ultra @ 60fps? I'm thinking its a CPU problem man

1366x768 res. shouldn't the 7970 be able to handle ultra @ 60fps? I'm thinking its a CPU problem man

Just for the fun of it try 1920X1080

I was just running BF3 and with my GTX 570 the lowest it would go was 40FPS with 60 people on the largest maps set to ultra 1600X1200.

Just for the fun of it try 1920X1080

I was just running BF3 and with my GTX 570 the lowest it would go was 40FPS with 60 people on the largest maps set to ultra 1600X1200.
My monitor only supports 1366x768 or lower..and 8gb corsair vengeance. But the 7970 is way better then the 570!

If it was me with that problem I would format my hard drive and reinstall the OS and drivers, also BF3 before I would purchase a new CPU.

Do you have the original windows installation disc and drivers for your PC? Is your PC home built?

You defiantly have a problem, when you use your old video card do you have the same problems.

Glad it helped.

At that resolution you'll be more CPU bound then GPU.

However, it doesn't make sense that you don't have problems with Nvidia graphics card. That shouldn't make a difference.

Do you still have your CPU overclocked?

Glad it helped.

At that resolution you'll be more CPU bound then GPU.

However, it doesn't make sense that you don't have problems with Nvidia graphics card. That shouldn't make a difference.

Do you still have your CPU overclocked?

yes its still overclocked to 3.6ghz. but the nvidia card wasnt as powerful

Back