• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help in chosing the rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ytoledano

Registered
amd 3000+
epox 8kda3+
this a rig that i havent bought yet and i want to know what fsb i will reach so i would know what speed memmory to buy
i am thinking about
the OCZ DDR PC-4200 / 533mhz / Performance Series
or the geil golden dragon pc 3500

Make the jump to 939

If you can muster it make the jump to 939pin and the OCZ memory.754 socket is good for now but it too will be phased out(budget chip).754 can and does go fast as 939 CPU but not when the dual channel memory controller comes into effect.Also seeing some 300fsb overclocks on the NForce 3 250gb and the NForce 3 Ultra boards.Good luck and happy over clocking. :burn:

Last edited:
should work great but i have a 3500+ 90nm and i cant get the fsb over 219 on a good day so it might be over kill but my proc probibly just sucks at ocing

wtf??? I don't think he checks this thread anymore, I know if I had waited six months for a response I'd have forgotten about it, but in case you do...I've got a 2600 Barton, I've been able to get only up to 211 on the fsb, before my computer reboots, so I wouldn't recommend it, and by now I'd agree with massraptor, go 939 if your going to shell out cash.

my processor is set to 333 stock so I have to go 400 first and then push the voltage
up, it's a cheap mobo, note the tears...

Back