• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed with annoying GeForce4 Ti 4600 problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coulter

Hi there,

I'm having problems with my video card. Here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 2100+ XP
Asus A7V333 Motherboard
Thermaltake Volcano 7+ HSF
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM HDD
GeForce4 Ti 4600
Lian-Li PC-65 (total of 7 fans)
400-watt power supply
Win2k Pro
DVD Drive, CD-ROM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically there are two problems, and I have 2 screenshots of each problem. Both screenshots were taken while I was playing Quake3, Rocket Arena. I have the latest video drivers, latest directx, win2k refresh rate fix, etc. etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Screenshots are located at: http://www.geocities.com/grandmastercoulter/pictures.html

Since geocities and yahoo are deciding to be ghey, I can send anyone these images over aim, my SN is montahg.

I'll also be on IRC, Enterthegame, #roughriderz (name is Coulter on there)

Give me a message, I've been working at this problem for a month now.

Are you overclocked?
Have you set your settings properly via the control panel?

Those shots seem to suggest that they are artifacts which means you are overclocked too much.

Several things:

If you are overclocking your vid card, turn it down. That could be the problem

If you are overclocking turn it back to stock and see if that helps.

If neither help:

Download the drivers before the 40.1's, and then remove the drivers from the Add/Remove section, boot back and when it asks you to select a driver since it detected, yatta yatta, hit cancel.

Open the search box put in:

nv*.*

And direct it to your Windows Directory.

Once it gives back the results clear all the files and begin to update your drivers.

Back