• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help.!!! New Graphics Card required and my flat panel has no DVI port...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't consider it, just buy a better PSU.
Any decent GPU is going to overload that PSU, at that point if you're lucky the psu will die. If you're unlucky the PSU will die and will kill everything plugged into it.

EDIT:
Actually i'm very surprised that it hasn't died already, given the quad in there.
+ friggin 1!!! How did that PSU not crap out already???? :shrug:

haha .... dont even know my self ....... people here told me .... else i the system had been rollin on with this PSU for almost 2 years ..... gonna replace it soon .... but may be its providing enough power to all the components ... coz i try to connect my another hdd 160 gb so it keeps on makin noises like switchin on and off and windows wont boot up to desktop ....so there it shows sign of no more power ..... n even if pc boots up the hdd comes in n goes out ......

thanks mate cuiiey .... you've been very helpful ........ now i've been droolin for usb 3.0 and ddr 3 technologies out there ..... but i wont get it soon .. they are costly and they aren't in fully right now ....as the world still movin on ddr 2 n usb 2 ..... these techs wont let you stand ur ground on 1 system u made .....

ok am posting a new img of a new PSU ... i took it at the store coz i haven't bought it yet .... so please take a look and do let me know if the numbers ,amperes ,volts etc whatever that counts to make the entire wattage of the PSU, adds up to make this PSU a 400W PSU. also do let me know how to determine the total output wattage of the PSU by comparing these Volts and Amperes Value as i have no idea how to judge em. i want to buy a new PSU ..... Thanks .......

Attachments

• 051120102584-1.jpg
    051120102584-1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 142
I have never heard of that brand PSU before. It really looks to me like its a POS I mean its better than what you previously had but i wouldn't trust it. It says you have 13A and 15A so thats 28A. Still kind of low for my liking.

Heres a much better PSU which i think everyone here would agree on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008&Tpk=Corsair 400W

Try this PSU calculator :) Chuck in your numbers and specs and see how much you need :)

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Hope you got something out of this post :) Basically if it was my money i would not invest in something like that Summit PSU :thup:

but the prob is i cant purchase online ... coz i dont own a credit card ... so have to filter the local market for a good brand ....... and the local dealers ..... what the best brand out there anyways ?

You'll get different answers from everyone, but here's my list of generally good companies (in no specific order):

Corsair, OCZ, Antec, Seasonic, PCP&C. [there are more, but those are the ones that are coming to my head]

Also, check out this list of tested ones from our power supply section of the forums:http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708

If you can't get any of those, then get something with an 80 plus (or preferably in the Bronze - Gold range) certification. It's hard to make a crappy PSU that is still energy efficient.

Corsair and Seasonic are definitely up there as my top 2 PSU :) Some Antec IMO are good, some are quiet so so... :shrug:

Most good PC retailer shops should sell Corsair's, it'll be considerably more expensive than that SUMMIT one you posted before but you don't want to skimp out on the PSU. If that blows or something, your entire setup is gone :(

7.5A on the 12v rail? OMG please consider getting a new PSU!

Ya when I saw that I was like WOW what a typo. If it's actually 7.5A you want to send that to a landfill ASAP and get a new proper supply. The whole "it's a 500W power supply" thing is kinda BS. It's a rule of thumb so you don't overdraw your PSU, like they tell people don't put more than twenty inches of fish in a twenty gallon aquarium. It isn't necessarily true.

Get a good quality PSU from Seasonic or Corsair or something like ateast 500 preferably 600 and if you can why not 750 to future proof yourself a bit. I have a 750W corsair and it's fantastic.

That second PSU you showed looks crapp as well. 99% of the time that there is a hardware problem- it's because a piece of hardware was poorly constructed. This happens with all brands (Flukes happen) but more commonly than not, cheap cheap cheap stuff like this will go first, and can take the whole system out with it.

You hear "I blew my PSU" all the time from people with lower end PSU's. You never hear it from people with higher end. Similarly for I blew my MOBO.

You also don't hear of people using a good quality surge protector and power cleaner bar having as many power related issues. There are many layers you can dress in to keep you warm from bullsh*t.

If your CPU is your brain and your MOBO is your circulatory system your PSU is your heart. Get a good one and feed it some nice clean juice.

Back