• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Quickly!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SSVicious

Registered
I just installed an Asus p4p800-e delux mobo with a 3.0c ghz P4 cpu and some Corsair 2700 ram.

I turn on the computer and after about 5 seconds the computer immediately shuts off. I can't check anything in bios because it immediately turns off.

It gets to the screen where it shows the Asus logo.

I am typing this on my laptop. Please help me quickly, I need to get this computer up and running fast.

The psu isnt the problem I have unplugged some stuff and it still does it, so it's not taking too much power.

I've moved the memory to different slots.

Could my cpu be dead or my mobo be messed up? Does my cpu overheat? How do I check if it is overheating?

Please help!

if you have no OS installed it might do that....im assuming you hit the delete key when it boots up (before you see the asus screen, right?). the ram is installed? heatsink is installed correctly? all connections, etc...

Check heatsink mounting? Perhaps the CPU gets too hot too quickly and throttles down, then turns off.

doormat said:
Check heatsink mounting? Perhaps the CPU gets too hot too quickly and throttles down, then turns off.

This could very well be the case! Try reseating the heatsink and see how you go. :)

Also how long does the PC stay of for?

actually it might be the main cpu fan, if defualt is to shut off when the cpu fan dies it would automatically shut down, make sure you have the cpufan in the m/b fan1 pins..

this might help but check your owners manual to make sure that there are no jumpers you have to set up to run the computer... just my little suggestion

Just because you unplugged the psu from certain peripherals, doesn't mean anything. I bet it's your psu - try a different one - just for schlitz and giggles.

Back