• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scotsman

Registered
I recently built a new system and every thing seems to be working fine. Although sometimes when im playing games or on the net it will close the program and i will be back in windows ME. It is completly random, i could be playing for 5mins or 5 Hours. It doesnt crash because i can still navagate windows and start programs. Please Help!!!!!!

1.4 Athlon
AsusA7V 266 4in1
60.1GB IBM
256MB DDR PC2100
Morpheus Geforce 3 12.90
Windows ME
Tornado Coolercase

What sort of temps are you getting b4 and after running games/the net? This maybe causing this. The 1.4's run really hot.

Last edited:
Also try posting this in software/OS section. You may want to test your temps, like the previous person said but also check what is running in the background. Start->run->msconfig, startup tab, those suxxors cause probs alot. Gl

It sits at about 52c when im on the net and never above 56c straight after i come out of games. But the Asus mobo reads the temps wrong.

Scotsman said:
It sits at about 52c when im on the net and never above 56c straight after i come out of games. But the Asus mobo reads the temps wrong.

LOL LOL!!!

My temps are exactly the same and I have same mobo, though I have a 1.2GHz, never ran it in WinME its pretty new about a month. I run it with Win98 and it never quits a game or program...
So I'm just saying I dunno what could be the problem...

Just wanted to share

Back