• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HERES THE PIC OF FINISHED CPU AND WATER BLOCK HOLD DOWN...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

but my temps are still 40c while typing this!!!!!!!!!!!
what the hell am i doin wrong. my cold plate and DD waterblock have a perfect thin layer of ac2 between them and ive got killer pressure on them.
is it cause my coldplate is aluminum?
DD block is lapped to 1000 and cold plate is 600.
room temp is 65 farenheit.
HELP

Have you tried JUST the copper block? Coldplates are mainly for peltiers. Coldplate-peltier-waterblock. That is your problem, just use the waterblock until you set up the pelt.

are u saying just put the waterblock on the cpu die? ive been wondering about that too. but since i have a slot-a, how can i mount the DD waterblock without using the cold plate, cause that how the pcb is connected to the cpu die? heres a pic of the pcb and the aluminum cold plate it was mounted to at the factory. i used another stock slot-a cold plate to attatch the waterblock in the pick above.

If you got the nylon bolts and nuts from dangerden then you can make a plexiglass type holddown with the plexiglass and 4 holes for the bolts.

ok i think im just gonna install the pelt an psu tomorrow cause the holes in my pcb are to close together for the waterblock and im not sure i should drill thru the pcb.
thanx for the info bro!
ill post how it goes tomorrow.

The holes are the same on the pcb of the slot-A or the pcb on a motherboard. It's all universal. Those holes will definutely accomodate a DD MAZE2 like what I am using.

Don't the Slot A processors run hotter than the newer thunderbirds?

Tacoman667 (Jul 08, 2001 09:58 p.m.):
The holes are the same on the pcb of the slot-A or the pcb on a motherboard. It's all universal. Those holes will definutely accomodate a DD MAZE2 like what I am using.

ok im sure im just not understanding u right lololol.

check out this pic of the waterblock sitting on my cpu die. here are the 4 holes in the center and the next pic shows that the wb covers all the holes. so are u saying make the plexiglass hold downplate using the holes on the far outside of the pcb corners?
bare with me bro , im an idiot. :)

GERRY136 (Jul 08, 2001 11:19 p.m.):
ok im sure im just not understanding u right lololol.

check out this pic of the waterblock sitting on my cpu die. here are the 4 holes in the center and the next pic shows that the wb covers all the holes. so are u saying make the plexiglass hold downplate using the holes on the far outside of the pcb corners?
bare with me bro , im an idiot. :)

You're thought it correct. Use the far outside holes in a piece of plexiglass with nylon bolts. Drill holes to allow your barbs from your waterblock to pass through, and use a 1/4 x 20 nylon bolt in the middle of the plexiglass to apply the pressure. I made one myself and detailed it in my watercooling article here: http://www.overclockers.com/tips505/ . Mine was a socket A, but you can use the same design on yours.

Welp, I was gonna say that but he beat me to it. Make sure, though, to make holes for the waterblock in/out nozzles too. They don't need to fit perfectly but make sure that the plexiglass will level out the waterblock on the CPU core for perfect connectivity. Good luck and post me some finishing pics, ok?

well i chipped a piece of the die off at one of the corners, and after some thoughtful words and gestures towards my computer i threw the old hsf on and she fired right up!!!!!!!
im gonna have a couple drinks and try agin tomorrow.lolol

Back