• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest Overclock for G4 Ti4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

This has been the worst 2 weeks of my life.. I've killed a G3 ti200 (240/550) and a Radeon 8500 (300/300).. Don't ask.. Today I'm going to pick up a PNY G4Ti 4600. No more vmods, no more pencil tricks(I learned my lesson)..

List your brand/Cooling/Highest STABLE OC.. thanks

VisionTek.....320/725.I just added a fan to the top and put a blue orb fan to replace the stock one.See my post "New fan for visiontek 4600"in this section

I run my Leadtek at 320 720. I have run it at 320 740 also. The fastest I tried was 320 750 but I had some poor graphic glitches on the screen benching it.

325/775 on my first one...didn't turn out too good...you can see the result on my sig :(

ahh.. speed..

ok I got my card, on problem.. my tv out looks like crap.. it's not the resolution, I get static lines everywhere.. what a surprise.. F*ck crap..

my card does 325/735 with stock cooling..

But one problem.. it does this in everything except one test

The wolfman DEMO.. it just locks up ....

dgm6780 said:
I thought you killed that first one while scraping off adhesive?

i posted that before arkaine23 told me that it probably wasn't the because of the o/c...i just forgot the make the edit...oops...well, no point in editing it now...

overclocking a 4600

Overclocking a 4600 is kinda funny since it won't help you much unless you have a 2 ghz or faster CPU, any CPU slower than about 2 ghz is actually holding your framerate back in most games and overclocking the card is not going to impove performance much. It's just not worth the risk for a card that costs 400 bucks. Wait till you have a cpu @ 2-3ghz before you bother overclocking an expensive card. just My opinion.....

Re: overclocking a 4600

supergenius74 said:
Overclocking a 4600 is kinda funny since it won't help you much unless you have a 2 ghz or faster CPU, any CPU slower than about 2 ghz is actually holding your framerate back in most games and overclocking the card is not going to impove performance much. It's just not worth the risk for a card that costs 400 bucks. Wait till you have a cpu @ 2-3ghz before you bother overclocking an expensive card. just My opinion.....

you do have a point there...but most components unless, they are old and outdated, don't necessarily need to be overclocked either. my usual reason for overclocking anything is "because i can"...it's what being an overclocker is about...:)

Back