• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*HOT HOT* X1800XL 512mb @ ZZF $199 shipped - FLASH TO X1800XT!! (BACK Ordered)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a good bench or something between the x1800xl and xt?

I cant seem to find any that make sense.

Last edited:
I really really really want to jump on this but I have to restrain myself. I keep telling myself to hold off for either a x1900xtx or a second 7900GT to go SLi. Man I hate browsing this cyber deals section!

VinnyTAMU said:
I really really really want to jump on this but I have to restrain myself. I keep telling myself to hold off for either a x1900xtx or a second 7900GT to go SLi. Man I hate browsing this cyber deals section!
Haha I know what you mean man ;)

hahaha.... sam's ball is awesome...

THANKS FOR THAT!

Will this x1800xl have any problem with my system?

To see you guys squitin like this made me jump on this toooo.:beer: :beer: :santa:

Will this 1800xl card work nicely with this system??
Just ordered but can cancel if my setup has issues with this guy........CLEARLY I is a ROOKIE.......

Intell D805
ABIT NI8 SLI NVIDIA nForce4 Socket 775 mother board
OZ 2 gig PC 5400 667 Gold Edition DDR2

yeah thatll work fine. I dont really like pairing an ATI card with NVIDIA chipset, but thats just my preference. I would have gone with intel 955, but I think that board is on sale for pretty cheap right now. Its a good deal for the money, and I dontthink youll have any problems. I think its just a personal preference.

Super Nade said:
Sam,

That ball looks nice, wonder what it would fetch at an auction. :D

ohboy.gif
My balls are not for sale at any price
exclaim.gif
ohboy.gif

So have we reached a conclusion that the cards could OC to XT speeds, but the success rate so far is nowhere near 100%?

Krusty said:
So have we reached a conclusion that the cards could OC to XT speeds, but the success rate so far is nowhere near 100%?
I think that people are just doing it wrong... and then they figure it out and it works...

Right, Homer?

g0dM@n said:
I think that people are just doing it wrong... and then they figure it out and it works...

Right, Homer?
yap.

[note to self]
ALWAYS USE ATIFLASH UNDER DOS TO FLASH VIDEO CARD BIOS. :p
[/note to self]

i think i m going to get a 2nd one to replace my xtx.

Mine should be coming today or tomorrow, but I'm not going to do anything until I get exact intructions on what to do since I haven't flashed a card before. Can I boot from the Cd drive instead of floppy for the flash? I don't have a floppy drive...

Krusty said:
AFAIK, homer is the only one to obtain (and pass) XT speeds. Everyone else (myself included) has troubles getting the RAM high enough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back