• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Can I Unlock My XP2100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enduro

If I remember correctly, all that is required is a pin mod. You could also go with the Speed Strip if you are really nervous about it. Do a google and look it up. I found numerous articles on unlocking chips. None of them helped me since I had a super locked chip, but I didn't know that at the time.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Muilt's up to 12.5 should be unlocked are you wanting the 13+ muilt's to be unlocked?

The Coolest

what motherboard do you have that chip running at?
That CPU was made before AMD started locking their chips, so its completely unlocked.
If you mean "How do I get to the low multiplier range" then that's something totally different. and you will need to do a simple wire trick. But depending on your mobo, that might not be necessary

OP
A

anwar1337

I would like either range i pref higher cuz i want more speed but i know its bad or something then lower multi

The Coolest

Your mobo will prolly max out at 180MHz FSB. I believe that your chips can take that at x13.
I think no mods will be needed for that

FlailBoy

Answered this is your other thread. CPU is unlocked.

You didn't say exactly what the problems were(e.g no boot, lock-up, etc.); but if you were running stable at 165...165x13~2145, that's pretty good if you got there on stock volts. That board should have 6x-14x for multipliers. 165x14~2310. At that point Vcore would need a voltage jump.

If it doesn't unlock anything below 13 and you're trying to up CPU speed, no problem. Try 165 x 13.5 and bump your Vcore up a bit. Don't really think the lower multis would do you much good with a 1/4 divider.

2310 isn't even close to the highest I've seen the 2100Bs go, but it's pretty respectable if you can get there. After that, you could try bumping up the FSB 1-2 mhz at a time. 180s is easily attainable with the 1/5 divider, but with 1/4...

Hey, they're your components. :)

EDIT: Could try this:
wire tick pic

(I put this link in yesterday but it disappeared ??)

Last edited: