• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i host a pic if.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
your file needs to be on an internet server. unless your computer is an internet server (its likely not) you won't be able to directly host from your hard drive.

if you need hosting assistance pm either me or Oni :) Neon has some hosting abilities as well.

depends some hosters allow you to redirect to other pages, some dont.

if not, you can just link to an empty page with just the picture in it(if you know anything about html coding its really ez)

specific said:
I already have a hosted page. I could use it, right? Just place the img tags around the url?

You should be linking to a file not a web page. Upload an image file to the directory where your index.htm file is on your host and link to that.

If im not mistaken.....you dont have to register a domain name at all.....but you do need a static ip.....

All you need to do is just have a compter that is always on, and install apache server on it, there website is here it is free, so dont worry, and oh yes and idont reccomend using that if u have dial up.....

If you dont want to go through that trouble, email me the img as attachment. Ill host em for u......if Oni and Maxvla dont mind ;).

Back