• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I know if my Laptop supports HT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Highlander

I just bought a HP down at costco (zd7058cl) and it comes with the 2.8GHz. I want to know if it supports the 3.06HT processor...

I know htey have a model inside the zd7000 series that does come with the HT 3.06 but Im not sure if this one will take it, or if I need a bios upgrade and if its available...

Let me know

Thanks

Can't you find more specs at HP's website? I have a HP ZE-series Pentium4-M 2.3Ghz notebook (blueshade encasing) and it has a ATi chipset. I can't find anything about HT-support on it...

My 2.8 is the 533 version and the 3.06 is the 533 version also...

I want to put the 533 3.06HT

The ZD series does have a model that has the 3.006HT, I assume its the same board with different periferals.. and same casing... maybe a bios flash of the upper model to enable it?

Anyways.... HP nor Compaq nor toshiba ever says its upgradeable to or it supports HT.. SO that is why I ask.

hmmm yea but the 2.8 cpu doens't support HT, so you might want to google it and see which mobo it has and compare it to the one the 3.06 has... or did you already try it

No.. but I guess they are the same thing, its not possible to know which motherboard the laptop has... Mainly they all have the same chipset

Gotta find out what chipset it has first, then it would be down to a bios issue.

Back