• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I print wirelessly with my wireless router + multiple computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acuriousman99

Hello all!

I have several computers hooked up to my Nighthawk R7000 with wifi. The wifi works perfectly but I'm having some issues with getting them all to print wirelessly.

I connected my (non-wireless) printer to the router via USB and installed the Readyshare Print software. It installed perfectly on all the computers, the printer is recognized and able to connect, and all the computers can print wirelessly when connected to it.

However, it only stays connected to one computer at a time. If I want to print from another computer, the last computer I printed from has to authorize me via Readyshare Print to connect to it and then it will print.

How do I enable all the computers to be connected to the printer at the same time? Without needing to authorize/allow them every time I switch computers? I want to be able to just hit print from any computer and have it print seamlessly.

Is there another method besides using Readyshare?

Thank you for reading!

Which printer?

I have an HP OfficeJet 6600. I have 2 routers both connected via wifi bridge. The printer is connected to router 1 via LAN cable. The HP software + driver is installed on every computer and the HP app is installed on my Android phone too. Everyone in the house can print to the printer just fine.
If your printer has an ethernet port (probably does) then try connecting that to the router and setting up the software on every other computer.

Which printer?

I have an HP OfficeJet 6600. I have 2 routers both connected via wifi bridge. The printer is connected to router 1 via LAN cable. The HP software + driver is installed on every computer and the HP app is installed on my Android phone too. Everyone in the house can print to the printer just fine.
If your printer has an ethernet port (probably does) then try connecting that to the router and setting up the software on every other computer.

This^. What you want to do will work much better I have a feeling if the printer itself is connected to the router via ethernet which is what is commonly referred to as a "networked" printer. I'm not sure a USB connection to t he router will allow you to do what you want to do.

The other thing you can try is connecting the printer via usb to one of the computers on the network. It should be visible to all the other computers on the network as long as the printer's host computer is up and running.

Back