• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do u install windows 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sally211

Registered
how do u install windows 2000 on raid when i do it says no hardrive found its raid 0 bye the way

I don't know on the raid thing but you may not have the slave master settings correct. Also on some hard drives like Western Digital there is an initial recognition problem. You might want to try hard coding the drive type instead of using auto find. My mobo is an Iwill but I had the same problem in the beginning.

sally211 (Apr 11, 2001 10:34 a.m.):
how do u install windows 2000 on raid when i do it says no hardrive found its raid 0 bye the way

If you're using a RAID-0 Array on an A7V133, first, you have to plug your cables into the appropriate place (the ATA100 Chain). After that, go to the part of the BIOS reserved for selecting boot devices, and set that to ATA100/SCSI as the boot sequence, not SCSI/ATA100. After that, boot your system w/ the Win2000 boot disk. When it gets in, it'll ask you to press F6 if you want to install 3rd party SCSI or RAID drivers. Do this, and insert the disk that has your RAID drivers on it (The onboard controller uses Promise, you might have to d/l them, but I think that they are on the A7V133 Mobo CD) and install them. That should get you going.

Back