• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you OC Epox 9NDA3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ixnay

I just got my Venice 3000+ and Epox 9NDA3+ Motherboard and I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how exactly to go about OC'ing these A64's (my first one =).

Can anyone give me a hand? I am currently running all the stuff in my sig except replace the CPU and motherboard and add another stick of 512mb Crosair XMS CL2 PC3200.

So far I have managed to get to 1.94ghz by raising my RAM from 200 to 215 but from here I am totally lost as 215 is the max for my RAM. I see poeple talking about changing the RAM divider but I cannot seem to find one using the bios from 4/1/2005.

I had the same problem, see here.

You have to go to Advanced Chipset Features, DRAM Configuration. Then adjust the MaxMemclock. This lowers your memory from 200Mhz default to something lower. So if you set it to 166Mhz, a 20Mhz overclock now brings your memory up from 166 instead of 200Mhz. I think once you say overclock to 245Mhz or something, your memory comes up from 166 to 200, as it is not a direct 1Mhz upping anymore when it comes to the memory, since you changed the multiplier for the memory, but the CPU goes up. I have mine set at 2.2Ghz while my memory remains at 200Mhz.

OK...first of all, did you set the hyperthreading multiplier down lower than 5x? Try setting it to 4x

Then, try setting your RAM timings to 3-4-4-8

Then, increase both the CPU and RAM voltage (I'd try increasing the CPU to +.125 and the RAM to 2.7v)

Now, at a 4x multiplier, you can only OC your RAM to 250mhz (4x250=1000).I'd initially start it out at 215,and boot to Windows.Keep rebooting and increasing the RAM by 5mhz at a time.When you finally reach a point where your system locks up and wont boot to Windows...revert back 5mhz,and reboot.If it still boots stably,then reboot and increase your RAM by just 1mhz each time...eventually you'll find a sweet spot.If I left something out,or mistakenly misguided you, then I'm sure someone else will point that out...but, I have the same mobo,and love the OC options!!! BTW...which BIOS version are you using?

Back